Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tdci 1.6 Warning Chime

BazzaS

My car is a TDCI 1.6 year 2010.

When I start the engine from cold, after about 10 seconds I get the "bing-bong" warning chime just the once. There are no warning lights showing (they went out normally after start-up) and I've checked the obvious like doors/boot/bonnet properly closed. When I start the engine again after a drive there is no warning chime.

This has happened quite recently for no apparent reason.

Help - any thoughts ?

Thanks

Bazza

I no longer have my Fiesta but I had a 1.6 tdci and had that exact same issue, happened 3 times in close succession, no reason at all no pattern and then never done it again in the 6 months I had it,

Checked for fault codes no issues.

Sorry that is no help just felt the need to say as when I asked nobody had heard of it before, Ford done the usual thing of offering a fault code read for £80 or whatever it is.

I wondered whether it could be coolant level just slightly low, that would explain why it only happens when cold. Although I would have expected a warning light as well as the chime!. I had a similar problem with a rental car in Portugal a few years ago, always chimed when started from cold thereafter it was fine. After 2 or 3 days it got annoying so I added about 100ml of water to the header tank, fixed it!

Ian

Thanks for this - however coolant level is OK.

Regards

Bazza

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club