Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My First Fiesta Written Off :(

TomGB

Span it one way, span it the other, wiped out a fence, almost rolled & landed in a ditch. There's pictures on my build log somewhere

Damn, i'll try find the pictures, was it drivable afterwards?

After being towed out of a ditch, I drove a mile to a family members house. The steering kept shifting centre (bent suspension strut and bent alloy) and the gearbox was abit crunchy

But yeah.. it was drivable

I filled up my tank day before the crash. I tried siphoning my fuel with clear flexi tubing from B&Q and when that didn't work I bought a Laser Siphon from Halfords but that didnt work. I'm guessing my car has some kind of anti siphon contraption.

Anyone know how to get the fuel out without drilling a hole in the tank?

Random picture of this lovely courtesy car :D

odfhOED.jpg

• Like 2

If it's an easyfuel capless system then no amount of syphonong will work.

If it's not easyfuel then most probably the filler neck is bent from the impact and restricting anything from reaching the tank.

You could disconnect fuel lines but it's a fire risk.

• Like 1

Boots are cheap enough.. the spare wheel well will straighten out to a certain extent (straightened my last car out)

Bumpers are around 30 delivered in primer.

Steel wheels are steel wheels.. £10 from the local scrappy

Cheap enough to do yourself if then insurance write it off! Depends what you want to do.

It's horrific looking st your first car in a state.. I still remember how crap I felt the night I smashed mine up :(

Just took it to a garage today to get their opinion, they didn't lift if up at all just a look around and underneath briefly but they don't think there is structural damage and it's safe to drive.

I'd love to repair this myself and pay for it back i just want to find out somehow if they would actually right it off cat C or D after seeing detailed pictures. I'd rather take 1900 cash than them repair it because the car has many other visual imperfections. Not sure how insurers work, i assume they have to buy brand new genuine ford parts and not beat the panels, fill em and then paint. Any ideas?

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club