Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuse Tap Wires

jbell

I get where you are coming from now-

The terminal that the wire comes off is isolated from the main feed until the fuse goes in and therefore completes the circuit.

I was making an erroneous assumption.

Basically then, if the tap is the wrong way round the power to the tap will pass through both fuses rather than just the intended one?

So the best way to test that a tap is orientated correctly is to pull the bottom fuse not the top one?

If power then doesn't flow the tap should be reversed?

See- Not too big to admit I'm wrong and no smegging Google needed for that.

So that's 1 nil then

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Yes I think what you are saying equates to what im trying to say. Typing and cigarette packet drawings are not a great means of communication.

I will make up a rig next week with photos to hopefully put this one to bed properly. I will make up a simple rig with a battery, fuse tap and 2 circuits comprising of leds or something to make it obvious whats going on.

• Like 2

So that's 1 nil then

It's not about scoring points.

It's about ensuring that things are fitted properly and safely.

If you want to score points go watch a football game and leave the discussion to the adults.

Yes I think what you are saying equates to what im trying to say. Typing and !Removed! packet drawings are not a great means of communication.

I will make up a rig next week with photos to hopefully put this one to bed properly. I will make up a simple rig with a battery, fuse tap and 2 circuits comprising of leds or something to make it obvious whats going on.

Fair do's.

The only thing i am short of right now is a fuse tap

• Like 1

They've become hard to get hold of.

Whichever way you cut it they are a safer option than Scotchlocks.

• Like 1

scotchlocks are a horror! too many people using the wrong size connectors and cutting through most of the strands!

• Like 1

I've just ordered two Mobius cameras and a hardwire kit to fit into my ST.

They are sending a piggy back fuse holder. There are two options, a mini blade (ATM/ATP) and standard blade type (ATO/ATC).

Which would I need?

If it's plugging into the interior fusebox it will be mini blades.

• Like 1

Thanks Stoney, yes it will be for the internal fuse box.

• Like 1

Because electrical principles are exactly the same where ever you apply them.

There are 2 fuses because it creates an additional spur for a circuit. The original circuit still needs a fuse and the additional circuit (which should be of lesser rating) needs a fuse to protect it also.

Totally agree

Thats ideal thanks, I was looking at hardwiring my dashcam as the socket likes to stay on for half an hour and its started bugging me recently. My only question is would I need a down converter for the voltage from 12V to 5V? or do you think it would just take the power it required from the feed?.

Thats ideal thanks, I was looking at hardwiring my dashcam as the socket likes to stay on for half an hour and its started bugging me recently. My only question is would I need a down converter for the voltage from 12V to 5V? or do you think it would just take the power it required from the feed?.

If your camera runs on 5v then you need to keep it that way, it should come with a transformer of sorts - usually hidden inside the cigar lighter plug. so the easiest would would be to use a fuse tap and hide a socket somewhere just for the camera.

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club