Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Locking Wheel Nut Removal?

That Guy

Go to your local Ford garage,they should have a master key for your locking wheel nut.I'm sure if you ask them nicely they will undo for free.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Don't bet on it!!

My local Ford Garage wanted £35 to try the keys. However, it was strongly hinted that they wouldn't work...but they would forcibly remove the nuts for £75 (+VAT).

Per wheel...

...which would be damaged...along with the hubs.

I was looking at around a £1500 bill!!

So I went round the back, popped in to a local mechanic who had the "high security" (with rotating collars) off in about £15 minutes. Think he charged me a fiver - would have been more, but he damaged the lacquer on the wheels and refused to accept more.

I can't repeat what he said when I told him what Ford wanted to do.

If you can't get a socket to work, try a chisel in the recess of the nut keyhole and whack it (anti-clockwise obviously)

Seriously with the time you have put into trying to get them off, a MR Tyre with a dynomec kit will have them off in minutes. They put a blank on the kit, smack the tool with a large lump hammer which cuts the key to the shape of the key, then they remove them, no damage at all. Unless the nuts are well knackered they will do it with that kit.

Video showing how it works.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club