Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need A Radio Code

drag-on-dan

hi just got the misses a little ka to learn to drive in put a new battery on it but now need a radio code can anyone help of tell mw where i can find it please

MAKE IS 6000 CD TUNER RHD

SN :M015938

As far as I know it's against forum rules but I'm sure 'Mr Google' will help

Try removing the radio - It may be written on the top as mine was.

Failing that there is website you can google that will give you the codes.

You can take it to a Ford dealer who have all the codes for £25 of free if you are female and flash a leg lol.

Personally I think the radios in the Ka's are orrible so I bought a faceplate adaptor from amazon here - great deal - it includes the radio removal tools and cables to convert your radio and even the mounting bracket for your radio - works a treat.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003JIOT8Y?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00

I just bought my Streetka in September last year and without doubt its one of the worst deals I ever made on a car - £800 it cost for 2003 Streetka 1.6 which i thought was not a bad deal but was expecting some issues even though the seller assured me there was nothing wrong with it.

First off the radio wont come on sometimes - this is caused by the facia not fitting properly once the radio has been removed - the security dongle you remove wont make perfect contact with the brass contacts when you plug it back in so its a simple case of pushing the radio facia back in to engage properly with the clips.

Right out of the box i needed to fit a new lambda sensor as the fuel economy was bad real bad.

Thank goodness for my OBD diagnostics tools.

Even so the fuel usage of the Streetka is quite simply mental - I am getting 200 miles from a full tank - these cars just suck fuel like there is no tomorrow - If i had known that i wouldnt have bought one!

I have never seen such a cramped engine.

Then i found that the brake pads on the driver side had separated from the backplate so new pads all round.

Removing the rear brake shoes was a nightmare - I spent an hour trying to figure out how to remove the hub.

Then one of the lights blew which lead me to find out how difficult it is to replace a simple light bulb.

Then there are the electrics - all of the lights are fogged suggesting water ingress past the seals - how difficult should it be to get access to the light cluster - on my old Rover 820si it was plug and play - on these you need to remove the wheel.

Now I have a non start problem - Obd gave me an error indicating the MAP sensor - try to remove that easily without removing the entire exhaust manifold - i managed it but what a nightmare - cleaned it up and all was well for a week - now its dead.

I wont mention the alarm going off at all odd occasions - apparently its caused by the hood sensor.

There is more but i digress.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club