Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk2 Petrol Annoying Issues.

supa-nova

Got 2 really annoying faults.. hoping someone can shed some light of my faults.

It's a 1.6 titanium. Mk2 on 05 plate.

#1. Cold starts in morning difficult. Turn key cranks ups starts and sort of cuts out within a second or two. Upon restart runs fine. Idles fine no warning lights either. I'm having to feather the throttle on first start up to prevent this. Is this normal??

Plugs coils and leads changed regular serviced with good quality parts. Timing is all fine. Any ideas?

#2 Now the real annoying fault. Have receipt in 07/2014 for timing belt water pump ect so know it's been done. But when car is up to temp and left to idle. The coolant overflows the expansion tank.

It's Not leaking. Just overflowing. When coolant low car heats up in record time but does NOT over heat. Fans kicks in . Top coolant up bleed system all is well . Untill left to idle at normal temperature then happens again . Never does it whilst driving.

Got nice hot air in car so can eliminate the heater matrix too.

All seems to happen when cars up to temp and left to idle .. do we suspect a water pump issue??

Id be blaming the waterpump to begin with, or a blockage somewhere

Having recently done the timing belt, waterpump etc on my fiesta its obvious just from looking at the waterpump as to weatherits been changed before. was it a reputable garage that did the work?

Coolant cap its a pressure cap so if its faulty the coolant can and will pour out it should be renewed every 3 years at a tenner its a cheap fix if you still have an issue ide suspect the pump

The garage that did the work is unknown to me. Having mechanical knowledge myself suspected the water pump. But it still looks brand new. It was changed at 102, 500 k cars only done 103,700 k untill fault started . Don't think there is a blockage due to its circulation and heat. Otherwise would still over flow even when driving.

New pump it is by looks of it. Didn't realise the coolant cap is classed as a serviceable part? But it's not coming from under the cap. It's the overflow located on the coolant bottles thread for the cap.

Thanks for replies guys. Any ideas on the starting issues?

• Like 1

That suggests its not pressurising which is the caps fault with no pressure the coolant will overexpand out the overflow you're be amazed how many issues I've sorted on cars simply changing the cap since uts old its worth changing anyway

For a £10 it's worth doing to see if it saves me shedding £40 just for a new water pump. Thanks again. Will investigate more over new years weekend.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club