Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Windscreen Wipers not wiping properly

sezimodo

I have recently brought a 2005 Fiesta Ghia. When its raining, or I am cleaning the windows, the drivers side wiper doesnt appear to sweep part of the windscreen, so if I am cleaning it, the water just stays there and after loads of wipes the water just dries and leaves a smear. If its raining then I get a huge puddle, to the point that at certain points on a road I cant read the signs. This is a big problem as it rains a lot here, and if I am driving at more than 30 then I cant see through this point. It happens in the middle of the screen, at the bottom of the wipers range, and in the middle (directly in my eyeline).

I brought new wipers but it didnt make any difference. If you hold the wiper down and wipe then its fine. Am presuming this is a problem with the arm, either that or there is a dip in the windscreen, which i cant feel.

Any thoughts???

could be the spring in the arm needs replacing.

doubt the window is bowed.. but worth trying to put a ruler on its edge to see if there is any gaps occur and you slide it across the window

• 4 weeks later...
could be the spring in the arm needs replacing.

doubt the window is bowed.. but worth trying to put a ruler on its edge to see if there is any gaps occur and you slide it across the window

For anyone else who has this problem - I took this to a Ford dealer and they checked the arms and wipers. It turns out that the genuine Ford wipers have deflectors on them that hold them on the window, so you cant buy cheapo wipers! The guy was very helpful and even took a wiper off his car to check it before he sold it to me!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club