Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine cuts out when turning sharply

JGHunter

Within the last month my 02 Ka has been developing a problem. When I turn a corner sharply the engine cuts out flat and instantly, I have to restart it, which it can do, but as you can imagine I don't want I to happen in the first place! OBD returns no error codes and I can't figure it. Any help please?

Sounds like the power steering pump is pulling a wobbler in the electrics or as the engine moves a wire is earthing or summat!

9 hours ago, Omendata said:

Sounds like the power steering pump is pulling a wobbler in the electrics or as the engine moves a wire is earthing or summat!

Wouldn't an electrics problem show up an error code?

22 hours ago, JGHunter said:

Within the last month my 02 Ka has been developing a problem. When I turn a corner sharply the engine cuts out flat and instantly, I have to restart it, which it can do, but as you can imagine I don't want I to happen in the first place! OBD returns no error codes and I can't figure it. Any help please?

Do you mean turning sharply at speed when in gear with the clutch engaged or when you have the wheel on full lock while parking, 3 point turn etc ?

Not all electrics problems show up with an obd test - Its possibly a loose earth wire.
Not sure whether your pump is electrical - the new fiestas are i believe so im just pulling ideas.

Tricky one cant really think what could cause this except a vacuum problem or electrical gremlin.
Now i think about it if i remember rightly this kind of fault usually happens with a vacuum leak and the power steering pump is what brings it on!
I had a similar problem with my Rover 800 and it turned out to be a pipe had cracked and come loose!
Check all your vacuum hoses for cracks or not tightly connected - there is a propane test you can do or the old cigar smoke test but its rather dodgy!

Yeah Dan62 maybe he means taking a corner sharply at 70mph with all the fuel sloshing around the tank!

Or maybe doing handbrake turns lol
>;o)

power steering pressure switch possibly, pressure switch detects increase as steering turned and then pcm increases idle speed to compensate for extra load on engine.

• Like 2