Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heater problem on 03 Ka Style

csdodd80

Hello

We have a 2003 Ford Ka style and the heater stopped working this morning - it will only blow cold air.

The guy we bought it from had already had a valve and a head gasket replaced not long before we bought it to sort this problem out and it seemed to have done the trick until today.

I have checked all the fluid level's and they seem fine so I am at a loss what may be causing the problem. 

Could any suggest anything?

Thanks

Thermostat faulty and jammed up lol

Someone posts the same problem on here at least once a week and its always the thermostat - just look at the post below this one -= same problem!

Thanks for the replies.

The heater control valve has already been changed so we have ruled that out. We have fitted a new thermostat and there is no difference really - no heat still and the fan won't kick in so the coolant is just bubbling over.

Could it be the water pump? How would we be able to check?

Thanks for your help 

My bad -  Heater control valve is the usual suspect Dan is correct.

If the fan wont kick in it sounds like an electrical fault with the system!

I would also check the radiator and give the system a full clean flush with a hosepipe and refill it with fresh antifreeze but sure sounds like electrical problem with the sensor or fan!
Can you power the fan from the battery direct - maybe the fan is kaputt although i doubt just the fan not working would cause so many problems!

Well water pump is easy just remove the pipe and see if its pumping water.

Thanks for replying.

We are trying to locate the electrics for the fan so we can test the sensor but we can't find them. They aren't near the thermostat housing - does anyone know where this is?

Also how can we test the radiator? Sorry to be a pain but we have little knowledge and we are broke at the moment so we are trying to do as much as we can ourselves.

Thanks

You must have the older Endura-E engine if the sensor is not on the thermostat housing.

The Endura temp. sensor is at the rear of the engine. (pulley / belt end) just below the manifold.

Disconnecting the sensor should bring on the engine management light and run the fan continuously with the engine running.

You aint the only one on the dole and in dire financials I am trying to keep my Streetka together with blu tack and sellotape lol

I would just check that the water is flowing through the system at a decent rate by removing the pipes one at a time - pump exit , exit from radiator - if its flowing at a decent rate then you can forget the radiator - i would give the whole system a flush whilst the pipes are coming off to clear out any debris.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club