Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best standard brake set up?

kabulu

Anything I can do to improve the fronts without changing the disc size? Best pads and discs?

I love the car and it really shifts low down but the brakes are hopeless. Ford really should have popped dics on! 

Thanks

I've got a 2010 Fiesta and the brakes on the car are the sharpest I've ever come across.

Fitting bigger disc's & brakes will only cause you bigger head aches as you'll most likely have to fit bigger rims to accept the callipers.

Bleed the brakes first and see what happens.

What year is your car ?

Here are a few options:

• Change the fluid + bleed the brakes - will probably make the biggest difference
  • Fit new grooved discs (not drilled unless they are high end Brembo) - generally help with cooling and braking, however stock vented discs are usually good
  • Fit braided brake likes - all of the force will go to the calipers rather than expanding the rubber hose
  • Fit better brake pads - some have better bite, will make a good difference in braking performance, check reviews of the different brake pads

Thanks

I've got a 2011 Zetec S but my old car was an Ibiza TDI with discs all round and they were sensitive. You could stop on a penny.

The Fiesta feels quite progressive but I'll look into rehauling the standard set up.

Thanks!

17 hours ago, kabulu said:

I've got a 2011 Zetec S 

Do you know if the brake fluid has been renewed on the car ? I renewed the fluid in our car on its third year, brakes was even better after that!

Thanks I'll give it a go, I just looked at the MOT advisories and it said pads wearing thin so I'll get some TRW pads, they're quite cheap on eBay.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club