Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Abs and eps fault

Jayo13

3 hours ago, Jayo13 said:

No forscan is not measuring the speed of any of the wheels

Does Forscan list the PIDs, like LF_WSPD etc.

If these PIDs do not appear in the list, then either you are using an older or more limited version of Forscan than Ian has, or Forscan does not support these PIDs on your car.

If there is a wiring error, or sensor error, the PIDs would still be present, and be graphable, but would read zero, or silly values, or give an error message.

When you run the Forscan diagnostics, it should come up with a list of modules found. Is ABS (or ESP or something like that), in the list of found modules? The wheel speed PIDs are probably in the ABS module, you may need to select that to get the relevant list of PIDs.

Try uploading a couple of screenshots of relevant Forscan pages (list of found modules & DTCs, list of PIDs for ABS), and see if that helps us.

Peter.

With Forscan you need to use a modified ELM cable with the switch set to high otherwise it won't read all the codes.

• Like 1

the ELM i have is a modified one and i switch the plug to high before reading the fault codes, im going to go out in a while and take a few photos of what im getting on the screen on forscan and upload them here.

Ok was just checking

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Any fault light showing on the dash, and any fault read on the ecu is (now) an mot fail. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club