Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Accident outcome ?!

Patrico777

5 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Financial Ombudsman Service

Do you think I should call them again regarding the letter or should I leave it wait for citizen advice

Just now, alexp999 said:

CAB will tell you who best to speak to next.

Ok I will wait and see what they say 

Spoke to FOS they cannot help me I need to go to CAB

Wow this is complex, but it sounds like the fault was caused by a third party at the insurers side.

They have identified a claim and referred you to their claim management company, who estimated the value, agreed a payout and paid out subsequently.

That's their third party fault.

You insured third party fire and theft, so your insurance will potentially take it on as debt secured by your car but they are not obliged to.

You need to contact the police, take The reference number to the bureau of motor insurance and discuss with them. If they get a prosecution they would cover the costs.

There may also be another party involved. They may be insured with a different company, in which case the police can investigate, and in which case they have provided false details at the scene of an accident, which would be treat on par with fleeing and failing to report...

Unfortunately the lesson here is always buy comprehensive.

The government overpaid me 4.5k once, I got the same sort of letter. I wrote a detailed complaint proving all information was provided honestly and they screwed up. I also told them they could take me to court and I would agree to paying £1 a month as that's all I could afford.

I got a letter writing it off soon after.

Do yourself a favour and put together a budget, including all your debts and them leave about £1 per month for them in case it comes to it.

Did you buy the car outright or through finance?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jeebowhite said:

Wow this is complex, but it sounds like the fault was caused by a third party at the insurers side.

They have identified a claim and referred you to their claim management company, who estimated the value, agreed a payout and paid out subsequently.

You insured third party fire and theft, so your insurance will potentially take it on as debt secured by your car but they are not obliged to.

You need to contact the police, take The reference number to the bureau of motor insurance and discuss with them. If they get a prosecution they would cover the costs.

There may also be another party involved. They may be insured with a different company, in which case the police can investigate, and in which case they have provided false details at the scene of an accident, which would be treat on par with fleeing and failing to report...

The government overpaid me 4.5k once, I got the same sort of letter. I wrote a detailed complaint proving all information was provided honestly and they screwed up. I also told them they could take me to court and I would agree to paying £1 a month as that's all I could afford.

Do yourself a favour and put together a budget, including all your debts and them leave about £1 per month for them in case it comes to it.

I been to citizen advice today no help what so ever gived me number for fob but already spoke to them no help yeah I bought st150 go to police to report that the men did not have insurance ? Or why?

what surprises me about this situation is that a party can go back on a full and final settlement that has been agreed and finalised by both parties. just shows the importance of fully comp in some cases its cheaper then third party. for me at last renewal fully comp was substantially cheaper for some strange reason. 

I been to citizen advice today no help what so ever gived me number for fob but already spoke to them no help yeah I bought st150 go to police to report that the men did not have insurance ? Or why?

Did you buy that car outright in cash, spend part of it on credit card or all on finance?

Who paid you the value of your car following the settlement? 

1. Your insurer? 
  2. Third party insurer?
  3. Claims management company? 

1 hour ago, mills705 said:

Who paid you the value of your car following the settlement? 

1. Your insurer? 
  2. Third party insurer?
  3. Claims management company? 

ERS Claim department

15 minutes ago, Patrico777 said:

ERS Claim department

that did not answer my question.... 

Are they your insurer? Insure the Third party or were you directed to a claims management company?

4 hours ago, mills705 said:

that did not answer my question.... 

Are they your insurer? Insure the Third party or were you directed to a claims management company?

I dont no who they are 

I have googled the name but didnt come up with much apart from an equity insurance broker? 

I think... you have been put through a claims management company who have given you a price for the vehicle and paid out believing they can claim back from third party. When they have gone to claim it back there is no insurance so they want their money back. 

Id ring your insurer now and speak to them not the company that is asking for the money

1 hour ago, mills705 said:

I have googled the name but didnt come up with much apart from an equity insurance broker? 

I think... you have been put through a claims management company who have given you a price for the vehicle and paid out believing they can claim back from third party. When they have gone to claim it back there is no insurance so they want their money back. 

Id ring your insurer now and speak to them not the company that is asking for the money

I spoke to my insurance they cannot cover it as I am third party andtheft

Surely if they just paid out and you've got no legal dealings with them, then they cannot claim to back.

Have they chased you for it?

I'd almost be inclined to ignore it and say you thought it was a scam, if they chase.

1 hour ago, alexp999 said:

Surely if they just paid out and you've got no legal dealings with them, then they cannot claim to back.

Have they chased you for it?

I'd almost be inclined to ignore it and say you thought it was a scam, if they chase.

Im doing so ingnoring them soon my insuracne in renewing changing to another one end of story

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club