Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dent in boot and cracked rear bumper

jasmineh19

Today I reversed into a bollard (even though I have parking sensors haha), and caused a dent in the boot and a cracked bumper. 

I know it may be a silly question as it's hardly noticeable, is it worth replacing the bumper and removing the dent? The dent is unsightly and bothers me a lot... but I have a feeling it may be expensive to remove! 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! X 

IMG_1066.JPG

Looking at the picture, I don't think that should cost too much to repair. See if you can find a small body repair shop to do it. If you can find one that is recommended that would be ideal. The larger repairers charge way over the top.

Hello and welcome Jasmine

I could not help laughing, forgive me. But just find a good body shop and ask for a quote to effect a repair. Main dealer will be an arm and a leg in cost, so do some research in your area for independent body shop. Cost maybe up to £200-250. So get a few quotes.

do let us know how you get on.

That's not a dent

That's a dent

Don't ask how, but we have got parking sensors too.

Fiesta.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mordey said:

That's not a dent

That's a dent

Don't ask how, but we have got parking sensors too.

Fiesta.jpg

I know you said not to ask but, kind of looks like you reversed into a skip with damage on bootlid, window and spoiler. At speed I might add.

36 minutes ago, Pullock said:

I know you said not to ask but, kind of looks like you reversed into a skip with damage on bootlid, window and spoiler. At speed I might add.

Have a look through my previous posts 

Honestly, that? 

I wouldn't bother with it, if it is your first car it will probably get many more

I wouldn't bother fixing it. you might do it again and then it would be a waste of money. if you were going to try to sell next month maybe worth doing. cars will always pickup bits of damage by the user or by others when left parked etc.  the car is a tool to use for transport, it is not an ornament to gaze at.

5 hours ago, isetta said:

I wouldn't bother fixing it. you might do it again and then it would be a waste of money. if you were going to try to sell next month maybe worth doing. cars will always pickup bits of damage by the user or by others when left parked etc.  the car is a tool to use for transport, it is not an ornament to gaze at.

Don't forget it maybe a tool for you but alot of us on here see our cars as a prized possession or as you put it, "an ornament to gaze at."

Jasmine, If you plan keeping the car for the foreseeable future and you don't like how it looks, probably best to get it sorted. You'll be glad you did I'm sure. :smile:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, isetta said:

Each to their own but im actually a little surprised you are on this forum if you only consider your car as a tool. I thought everyone on here is a car enthusiast? Like i said though, each to their own. I know i would be gutted to see damage like that on my car and i dont see it as an ornament, i see it as worth looking after because ive worked hard to pay for it.:smile:

well some would say I am a car enthusiast, but it can be in different ways. I am on here because I like to have mechanical perfection with everything working just right and with things being fixed by me and not getting anyone else to do it for me. I like to understand how every thing works (which is getting harder with everything being controlled by the ECU).

My brother is the opposite, he likes to have the car looking good, but when you drive it you find that nothing that has gone wrong has been fixed.

Sorry if I offended anyone

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club