Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remove glove box and panels

BadLuckGuy

Hi folks

Had some amazing response so far. So here we go again on a different topic.

Need to replace the heater / blend door actuator. Though its a common issue all the posts on it go dead short of any explanation on how to resolve.

Anyway I think I know what I'm supposed to do. Just need help getting there.

Need some guidance on removing the glove box and surrounding panels to get access to what's behind the right of the glove box. I started with the bottom - easily removed as someones already been there and broken the clips [emoji35] Turns out though I need to go a bit higher.

Alt can I find this in a Haynes manual?

Bonus points for a completed guide to replace the actuator unit and part number [emoji119] [emoji119] [emoji119]

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Not sure how helpful this is... but you can pull the glove box itself right out by opening it, and squeezing either side so the catches holding it in place are no longer caught, then letting it fall out. This will let you access a few things like the fuse box, and you might get a clue on how to disassemble the rest of the panels by having a look around inside. Wish I could help you more mate!

• Like 1

Not sure how helpful this is... but you can pull the glove box itself right out by opening it, and squeezing either side so the catches holding it in place are no longer caught, then letting it fall out. This will let you access a few things like the fuse box, and you might get a clue on how to disassemble the rest of the panels by having a look around inside. Wish I could help you more mate!

Thanks for reply buddy,

Yes I got that far today and found one torx screw holding pinning the panel holding the glove box to the dash - just can't figure now if I have to just pull it out or if there's any more screws. And hopefully I don't need to touch the air bags.

Might just have to have a scour around a Haynes manual see if that has anything.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, BadLuckGuy said:

Thanks for reply buddy,

Yes I got that far today and found one torx screw holding pinning the panel holding the glove box to the dash - just can't figure now if I have to just pull it out or if there's any more screws. And hopefully I don't need to touch the air bags.

Might just have to have a scour around a Haynes manual see if that has anything.

Sounds hopeful, keep us updated! A manual sounds like the right way to go, if the haynes has nothing then maybe look for the panel fitting instructions from somewhere that sell the parts etc. 

• Like 1

Hi

Have just completed repair on my 2009 titanium for the air not blowing through the correct vents.

Solution is quite easy but cost is very very expensive,

A small electric motor is required to be replaced ( heater blend actuator) which can be obtained from a ford dealer.

On my car the motor was ok,but the small lever which is attached to the motor and the linkage was broken..

Here lies the problem the small lever does not come with the motor and cannot be bought at all.

The only solution is to buy a complete heater box from ford dealer at a cost of about £570 to get the parts you require.

This seems to be a design fault as the replacement part seems to have modified by ford to make things stronger.

If you need further details I will help if i can.

Hi there 

looking on google n came across this if any help to you, know it's left hand drive but heaters same place

IMG_0109.PNG

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club