Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help, CMAX cuts out when accelerating

keyring88

Hi guys, 

I was wondering if someone would be able to assist me diagnose a fault.
I have a 56 plate 1.6 Diesel Cmax. Done 115,000 miles. 
Last week my wife noticed that as she accelerated (I think in second) the car just cut out but the lights on the dash didn't come on until completely stopped. Started the car up again and fine drove for a week no problems.
The same thing happened to me again yesterday twice, not hard acceleration just steady and it wouldn't accelerate and had died, no lights on dash.

Has anyone experienced similar? Or could point me in the direction of how to fault find? I have so far spent a lot of money on this car repairing it, New Clutch & DMF, Turbo, Services etc. 

Thanks in advance

Kieran

• 5 weeks later...

could be instrument cluster problem common fault on max google it

On 01/01/2017 at 2:10 PM, keyring88 said:

could point me in the direction of how to fault find?

Get a good, Ford specific diagnostic system like Forscan. It wiil find if there are any error codes in any of the electronic modules.

Instrument Cluster (IC) faults are very common on 2006 Foci, there was a dodgy batch. If the C-Max used the same panel, or same supplier, it might be the same. But your symptoms are very different from the ones I had due to IC failure. If it is the IC, there should be loots of error codes, often U codes.

If there are no codes, then it sounds like a more basic fault, some sort of total electrical failure in a main connector or wire, or a dodgy alternator possibly, putting out the wrong voltage or a lot of ripple. So a good code reader is the key, either way.

You can find more about Forscan in:

• 10 months later...
On 1/1/2017 at 2:10 PM, keyring88 said:

Hi guys, 

I was wondering if someone would be able to assist me diagnose a fault.
I have a 56 plate 1.6 Diesel Cmax. Done 115,000 miles. 
Last week my wife noticed that as she accelerated (I think in second) the car just cut out but the lights on the dash didn't come on until completely stopped. Started the car up again and fine drove for a week no problems.
The same thing happened to me again yesterday twice, not hard acceleration just steady and it wouldn't accelerate and had died, no lights on dash.

Has anyone experienced similar? Or could point me in the direction of how to fault find? I have so far spent a lot of money on this car repairing it, New Clutch & DMF, Turbo, Services etc. 

Thanks in advance

Kieran

hi fella i have a 2006 c max tdci 1.6,  84000 bought in sept 2017, having the same problem. i have been advised it is due to DPF not regenerating which could mean the Pat Eolys fluid needs topping up, look on youtube for procedure, looks pretty simple, proberbly not, i also need to take the DPF filter off completely and back flush it through to remove all the soot, i have had a Turbo fitted, (at a cost of £330 and another £300 to fit it), after only 7mths as the nut came off the compressor wheel and smashed off all the blades the company Turboactive, Stocton on tees, has not yet replied to my email to honour their 2 year warranty( suprise, suprise), new oil and filter, air filter and bought fuel filter to be changed. I have put DPF additive in the tank and K2 spray directly into the DPF filter via the sensor plug another £40 wasted. I have never had such a bad car as this at a cost of £1800 i wish i never heard of them. It has cut out several times and always in the most dangerous of places, what the heck was ford thinking of to use a filter that fails regularly, is inaccessable, and the filter cannot be taken out and replaced without an absolute fortune being spent. after care, money for old rope thats what! i wouldn't have another one if it was given to me. Best of luck my friend.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club