Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ambient lighting

Fiesta1.25

Hi all I have just bought a pre facelift mk7 titanium it has been fitted with ambient lighting on the glovebox but nowhere else, I was wondering if I bought a centre console with cup holder ambient lights fitted, would I be able to tap into the glovebox wiring to make the cup holder ambients illuminate?

You need to get out more ;)

Cup holder lighting? C'mon.

It matters not if it's burning a gallon of oil to the hundred miles and the exhaust sounds like a centurion tank?

You guys :biggrin:

Boy I wish I was 17 again. That 50 odd years makes such a difference :wink:

I'd love to tell you my age but I'd never live it down if I did lol , I have just stumbled on the opportunity of buying a centre console with armrest and ambient lighting, so was only wondering if I'd be Able to make them work [emoji2]

6 hours ago, Fiesta1.25 said:

Hi all I have just bought a pre facelift mk7 titanium it has been fitted with ambient lighting on the glovebox but nowhere else, I was wondering if I bought a centre console with cup holder ambient lights fitted, would I be able to tap into the glovebox wiring to make the cup holder ambients illuminate?

I think only the facelift got cup holder ambient lights.

You should have submarine lighting too, so two little LEDs either side of the courtesy lights, or it might be just the pocket in front of the gear stick instead.

I think only the facelift got cup holder ambient lights.
You should have submarine lighting too, so two little LEDs either side of the courtesy lights, or it might be just the pocket in front of the gear stick instead.

Yes I do have those submarine lights and it does look like I have the ambients in the wee cubby hole below my stereo (I thought it just may be over spillage of light coming from my climate control panel though.
Is it possible just to tap into either of them to illuminate cup holders also will it be a direct swap over from my existing one? (The new one has the armrest too

I'm sure you could but 50 years back I'd rather be playing with the missus ;)
Cup holder ambient lights wouldn't come close biggrin.png

The ambients are only to create a romantic environment for my missus and I to "play" in. I thought candles were a wee bit dodgy [emoji23]