Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wind Deflectors mk2.5

StevieIRL

So my Wind Deflectors arrived, I managed to get the front ones on (without any clips, is this okay?)
As for the rears the clips doesn't seem to hold it at all in place? The previous owner had Deflectors on them because I found two clips wedged inside the window rubber.
Any advice on making the rears stay in tight?

Also is the fronts safe without a clip?

Thanks

I did a search, but found nothing relating. 

Clean the gap they fit into as best you can then secure in place with 3M double sided tape applied to the length of the wind deflector.

1 hour ago, StevieIRL said:

So my Wind Deflectors arrived, I managed to get the front ones on (without any clips, is this okay?)
As for the rears the clips doesn't seem to hold it at all in place? The previous owner had Deflectors on them because I found two clips wedged inside the window rubber.

Thanks

Fronts will stay in no problems without clips - they sit in snug enough that they don't become and issue - Never fitted the clips on the fronts on any of the cars ive had them fitted to; Mrs has them on her 2.5 without the clips, as well.

The rears DO need them. lost a pair on my Mk2 when the windows were opened at speed...sad times. But yeah, fit the deflector in place, nice and snug and then rest the clips on the window edge and slowly and gently do the window up into place, making sure the clip spike faces inside of the car, not toward the plastic deflector. if memory serves, the rear windows are manual on most of the Mk2.5 trims so easier to achieve than automatic ones. Wind up the window so everything seats properly and leave it over night and it should be good to go.

4 hours ago, StevieIRL said:

Thanks

i take it a you mention clips they are hekos

Used UHU glue for rear.

On 7/28/2017 at 7:12 PM, mrmetallica said:

i take it a you mention clips they are hekos

Yeh, Got them while they were on sale.

11 hours ago, v530anh said:

Used UHU glue for rear.

I've seen people use glue after a few various searches, Hmm

Well lads, remove from thread if not aloud but does anyone know where I would find this front skirt, can't find it anywhere for sale? 

Screenshot_20170801-095230.png

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club