Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ignition live from light cluster.

jace1969

What Ignition live can i use from my rear light cluster unit,putting in a power point off ignition which is fused (2A) and

want the power point in the boot.

Nothing in the rear light wiring loom will be suitable for a power socket supply im afraid

1 hour ago, biff55 said:

Nothing in the rear light wiring loom will be suitable for a power socket supply im afraid

So there is nothing in there that comes on/off with the ignition or just you cant use anything as will course problems.

Really i should of said in the boot not only light cluster.

My only option is my reverse camera wires as the camera is dead so could use them but it means running cable all round

hatch what opens.

Ok trying this way,any feedback to confirm this would be great.

This is the power point.  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-DC-Waterproof-Power-Motorcycle-Boat-Car-Cigarette-Lighter-Socket-Plug-Hot-CM/202026037464?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

I already have a fused piggy back from fuse box to run a ignition feed onto a power point single adapter and placed under my gear surround plastic(link above)

I have plugged one of these into it  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Way-Multi-Car-Cigarette-Socket-Lighter-Splitter-Charger-Power-Adapter-Dual-USB-/172576712368?epid=678393863&hash=item282e5fa6b0:g:rzkAAOSwzgBYySQh.

Then run a u.s.b lead under the carpet/panels to the boot to run my rear dash cam.

You cant see any of the splitter as its all under my gear stick surround.

Theres a small chance of an unused power supply for the tow bar electrics hidden behind one of the boot side panels but couldnt tell what colour the wires are.....

1 hour ago, biff55 said:

Theres a small chance of an unused power supply for the tow bar electrics hidden behind one of the boot side panels but couldnt tell what colour the wires are.....

Cheers,will have to have a look but this seems ok and all fused,the single power point i have connected for over 12 months to work front dash cam

direct from fuse box so tried and tested,only the adapter with 2x points and 2x u.s.b's that i have added.

I'm pretty sure the Ford rear camera requires a switched live and so the loom for that should be present. A look behind the trim in the boot may reveal some unconnected connectors which could be tested with a meter.

9 hours ago, MJNewton said:

I'm pretty sure the Ford rear camera requires a switched live and so the loom for that should be present. A look behind the trim in the boot may reveal some unconnected connectors which could be tested with a meter.

Yes i have the reverse camera and that was my first option onto those wires but this seems a safer option and a lot more

practical as i have more connections in the front,by the way rear camera has seen better days so the camera wont be working.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club