Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RS owners watch this immediately

Stoney871

Interesting video. Chocolate engine comes to mind. 

• Like 1

I watched it a few weeks ago, amongst other design issues it looks like Ford have used a really aggressive internal cooling design that leaves very fine tolerances for other parts of the engine and evidently not left enough tolerance.

After doing the hard bit i.e. making a car that is seemingly fantastic to thrash, they manage to screw up and engine which seems to be fine in it's slightly lower state of tune in the Mustang.

It'll be interesting to see how the recall goes i.e. does it actually fix it long term and hopefully at some point someone somewhere will do a side by side comparison of what's changing/changed.

I can't quite see the point of that open block design when the gasket closes off almost all of the coolant flow to the head. That doesn't make any kind of sense. Any engineer worth their salt would see immediately that the cylinders can move relative to the block and realise the problems that would cause. Using an elastomer seal to try and overcome the problem doesn't seem to me to be a very reliable solution. This smacks of the same kind of mindset that led to the Challenger disaster (different scale, I know, but pressure to get something launched overriding the engineers).

Incidentally did anyone notice the two completely different piston crowns in that block (5m 25sec in)?

The Mustang HG might be fitted and the head material might be porous. That's what the FSA is addressing by replacing the HG in all cases and Head if it fails a pressure test.

No big shakes IMO. Car has 5 year warranty and if it goes pop I'll get it fixed. Old news.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club