Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Advice Ford Focus ST2

Jjedi2015

Need advice, at wits end. 

Heres the story. 

Bought above car in June. Was supposed to have been serviced. (65 plate) 

Day after purchase - oil warning light came on. Contacted ford, assure me service was done and oil was changed. Was told to pop in to have if switched off. 

Jan - service warning comes on, 5 months early.  Car looses all power whilst driving, goes into limo mode and will not go over 10mph. 

Towed to ford. They check and there is absolutely no oil in the car! Husband questioned service again as there was no way I could burn an entire tank of oil! 

Service technician agreed it probably wasn’t serviced prior to purchase. Major service due so we paid for it at a discounted rate (I should hope so).

Car fine. 

Tuesday - traction control light stuck on, I don’t use that button so no idea how it came on, anyways, couldn’t get it off. 

21.00 that night I get a message “engine service required”.... WTF went through my mind.

Warning and TC light were not on this morning. 

Ford have had it today and they are saying they can’t find anything! And nothing they can do. After trying to charge me £50 for an investigation. I refused. 

Service Tech spoke to me (he was good fair play). Understood my concerns:

1) this shouldn’t be happening when I’ve spent a hell of a lot of money on it only 8 months ago! 

2) my children are in this car, if there is a fault then it’s dangerous and I will not put my children in danger. 

3) if I’d gone into limp mode on the motorway then myself and my children wouldn’t be here today. 

I ve spoken to my finance company who are now investigating. 

I just don’t know what to do, I’ve told them I don’t want it back until I know 100% it’s safe. 

Anyone had any experience with this? Or have any advice for me? 

8F4CC59D-4242-48ED-896D-358FC6689864.png

i think you should call Ford #Customer service at their  head office,   2 call for Breakdown  you ma br entitled to a loan car for 24/48 hours whilst it is in with the Technicians

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club