Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AC Condenser Top Hose Quick Access

TomsFocus

I've really cocked up here...

Had AC regas two weeks ago, they wouldn't  fill it as it didn't pass the vac test.

Fitted new condenser on Thursday, partly in a rush in the dark.

Had the system regassed today - only took half an hour which seemed quick but now thinking about it I guess they didn't vac test it this time.

All the gas had fallen out within the hour.

I can see a load of flourescent dye on the left hand side of the rad pack, pretty sure it's coming from the top hose, either I left it loose or damaged it maybe.  Is there any quick way to access the top hose connection to check though?  I don't want to be on the floor removing both undertrays and the rad support just to get to something that is inches below the grill.  Can I get there through any of the grills?  Or I'd even remove the bumper if that's easy enough without having to jack up.

If I can fix it early tomorrow morning do you reckon the garage would give me a discount on another regas?  If the pipe is loose obviously that's my fault but I did expect them to test it again before filling. :unsure:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club