Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus mk3.5 2.0tdci titanium x faults and sat nav update.

Iaintruten

Hi Guys thinking of giving the mrs my 1.5tdci focus and getting the 2.0tdci one how is the engines in these? Is there any common faults? Also can the sat nav easily be added to these it will be either sync 2 or 3 it's a 2015 model, going to view it today and finally get rid of my other astra, won't be sad to see it go lol.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, Iaintruten said:

Hi Guys thinking of giving the mrs my 1.5tdci focus and getting the 2.0tdci one how is the engines in these? Is there any common faults? Also can the sat nav easily be added to these it will be either sync 2 or 3 it's a 2015 model, going to view it today and finally get rid of my other astra, won't be sad to see it go lol.

As far as I can gather the 2.0 PUG unit is pretty solid, decent amount of shove available and respond well to a remap :biggrin:

There are guides/build threads on the forum where people have done the Sync/Sat nav upgrades, from what I recall there is usually a fair amount of additional parts required plus some reprogramming of at least one control module.  TBH the forum search is a bit crap but if you search something like sync and upgrade you'll probably turn something useful up.

Got the car today turns out it already has the sat nav so that's a bonus, seems a good sturdy car, that's me now vauxhall free [emoji23] got rid of 2 vauxhall astras in 3 weeks and now have 2 titanium x focus's never again with vauxhall gearboxes are terrible.

Same here, most of my life I’ve had Vauxhall cars, although they have been great I bought a Mk3 Titanium Focus 5 years ago and the drive and quality was so much nicer . On my 2nd Focus now . 

Never again to a Vauxhall. 

Glad u got the car you wanted . Just needs a minor remap now via Superchips 👍

Might need to look into that [emoji106], had my astra j mapped to 219bhp. But the gearbox was terrible before the map and became worse afterwards lol really notchy.

These gearboxes are good for 500NM . Superchips remap will take it to 470 NM . Certainly gives you a good shuff when you boot it . 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club