Do Not Sell My Personal Information

62 reg / 15 reg 1.0 ecoboost engine diffrance

Legacy7770

Hi everyone does anyone know if there is any difference between a 2012 1.0 ecoboost M2DA engine and a 2015 1.0 ecoboost M2DA engine. 

Yours sincerely Steve Evans 

I think it's just that the newer engine has the additional electric coolant pump as standard but hopefully one of the experts can confirm or deny this.

• Like 1

The early ecoboost engines had quite a few overheating issues from what I can remember which didn't get stamped out for a few years. Again somebody more knowledgeable than me will probably reply in the morning.

The engine code may be the same but there are lots of differences between a 2012 MK3 M2DA engine and a 2015 MK3.5 M2DA engine. Both engines have a different part number and most of the auxiliaries (turbo, fuel injectors, coolant hoses, sensors, PCM, etc.) are also different. Next to the different hardware the software is also different.

It may be possible to convert a late M2DA engine into an early M2DA engine by installing all auxiliaries of the old engine to the new engine but I never tried this.

I would have thought if the engine code is the same the basic engines will be exactly the same.  It maybe that the parts that are bolted onto the unit are different tho which doesn't matter anyway. 

Part numbers of a replacement engine (without any auxiliaries) are also different. 

The part number of the 1.0 ECOboost service engine changed several times. Which part number is needed depends on the production date of the car. 

Just what I suspected guys. 

No my ecoboost hasn't died it runs and pulls like a train!! And hasn't missed a beat. 

I've just finished a 1.0 ecoboost in panther black with the same problem (crack in the Manifold) caused by a faild water pump with just 34000 miles on the clock. Check out my other post about my race red 1.0 ecoboost. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club