Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fair price for alloys?

Rumblestrip

I’ve recently fitted new alloys to my Titanium so I have my old alloys to sell on. 16” Ford Titanium alloys with a good set of tyres with plenty of grip on them (3 x Continental and 1 x Hankook)

What would you say is a fair asking price for them? There is some light kerbing on them, nothing serious, which were there when I bought the car.

4D9F588D-CE5A-4DFC-8383-113060EBF094.jpeg

16 Inch alloy wheels are not very popular. They are pretty much fitted as standard these days. Most people who are in the market for a set of alloys are searching for 17 Inch or larger wheels.

A complete set (wheels and tyres) of the same wheel design that you have are currently for sale on eBay for 145 pounds. 

My experience is that a set of mint condition (undamaged) original 16 inch alloy wheels with good tyres usually sells for anything between 200 and 300 pounds. 

in your case the kerb damage and the different brand tyre will most likely affect the price a bit. 

Crazy price. I know not new tyres but you'd struggle to get tyres for that price, never mind the wheels.
Maybe folk would buy individuals of the undamaged to replace their own damaged. I have those wheels and have 1 with slight damage at passenger front. Was also like that when I bought as so far I've not kirbed it.
Of course if you then only sell one or two it makes it harder to shift the others.
Good luck anyway.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

About £150, having said that I can't shift 17's shod with BF Goodrich winter tyresthat have done less than 3000 miles, the tyres alone are over £300

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll set an asking price of £200 and take offers. 

29 minutes ago, pragmatix said:

About £150, having said that I can't shift 17's shod with BF Goodrich winter tyresthat have done less than 3000 miles, the tyres alone are over £300

How much are you looking for them and which style 17's are they?

4 minutes ago, Phil21185 said:

How much are you looking forward them and which style 17's are they?

I'm looking for £175 they are shod with 235/45/17.

a bit of damage but still good

169FC91E-F14B-45FA-A858-D1B6E3327F79.jpeg

9A0D0A64-E7E3-492F-A430-DAD51D100AF0.jpeg

Ooh that's tempting. What's the cost of shipping though?

17 minutes ago, Phil21185 said:

Ooh that's tempting. What's the cost of shipping though?

Don't know you would have to arrange that. Not too expensive if you get the right courier. https://www.paisleyfreight.com/?source=google&segment=alloys&gclid=CjwKCAjwnLjVBRAdEiwAKSGPIywqnQTehp_t1_pDqqSIOXvt_GVtNpG_FqkIkXobWzwAT34DloLdtRoC-z4QAvD_BwE 

ive msgd you

• Thanks 1

Does it cost much generally to get light scuffing fixed on a wheel? Mine are the type on the original post.

2 minutes ago, gillyallan said:

Does it cost much generally to get light scuffing fixed on a wheel? Mine are the type on the original post.

Refurbs can cost anything upwards of £40 per wheel. Depending where you get them done. 

• Like 1

Ok thanks rumble. I'm sure it won't be long til I add to the scuffs so might leave it.

Most tyres generally have rim protectors to help stop scuffing.

Of course that doesn't help when you really clonk the kerb...

The tyres might be legal, but its an odd set that further limits their value.  A flick around the interweb shows £150 as a not unreasonable price.  Not surprising, as brand new aftermarket 16" wheel and tyre packages start at about £250.

I don't know why but I can't stand aftermarket wheels.

To me they just look wrong on most road cars, unless the rest of the car is AM modded too, eg a show car.

Id much rather get a nice set of oem wheels than shove boy racers on...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club