Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Windows Misting Up

ferretracer

Ive just recently purchased a ford focus estate 1.8 turbo diesel, t reg

got a few niggles with it fan motor for inside of car only works on 1 and 2 settings(previous owner did,nt tell me)

Also ive noticed it seems to mist up quite a bit on the windows, ive checked for wet patches in footwells etc, just in case heater matrix ive had one go before i my previous car, it does clear if i set the fans going and internal circulation going, its just a bit annoying

Anybody shed any light on the matter, i quite handy when it comes to sorting my cars, i based in basingstoke

My Focus did this when i first got it too. I put it down the the fact that it had been stood for a while not being used while on the forecourt. I also had the famous pollen filter/passenger footwell damp problem.

Give it a blast on a motorway somewhere with the heaters on pointing at the carpets and the windows down just a touch, This should get rid of any damp lurking on or underneath the carpets.

My Focus did this when i first got it too. I put it down the the fact that it had been stood for a while not being used while on the forecourt. I also had the famous pollen filter/passenger footwell damp problem.

Give it a blast on a motorway somewhere with the heaters on pointing at the carpets and the windows down just a touch, This should get rid of any damp lurking on or underneath the carpets.

recirculating the air causes misting sounds like the pollen filter is needing replaced mate when it gets bunged up it will cause misting

recirculating the air causes misting sounds like the pollen filter is needing replaced mate when it gets bunged up it will cause misting

Ah, the pollen filter! I think I'm having problems with that. Just this morning, I was cleaning the mats and when I lifted the passenger one, it was damp underneath. Are these easy to change?

Mike

Ah, the pollen filter! I think I'm having problems with that. Just this morning, I was cleaning the mats and when I lifted the passenger one, it was damp underneath. Are these easy to change?

Mike

yeah they are easy it will be the sealing strip thats gone allowing the water through ford sell the seal kit and they are only a few quid

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club