Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Not Started For 2 Years

Sparky67

My son's GF has been given a V-Reg 1.6 by her mum, the car hasn't been started for 2 years. Although I am not a car expert I am the only family member with any spanners, so it looks like it's down to me to get it back on the road. I have taken the (flat) battery off and that appears to have recharged OK. What else do I need to look at doing before it's started - and for the MOT ?

I would start by checking the oil as well, thats all I know lol.

Prob be a good idea to check other levels aswell, like power steering fluid, blake fluid etc

also check tyres to see if they have perished.

maybe Wiper Blades.

also check the brakes/handbrake and make sure they havent seized on.

sure that will be enough for the moment lol

remove the plugs and turn the engine over by hand to make certain nothing has seized up, also after two years your fuel will not be at its best if you can drain and refill with fresh fuel.

remove the plugs and turn the engine over by hand to make certain nothing has seized up, also after two years your fuel will not be at its best if you can drain and refill with fresh fuel.

i would also do the oil + filter and the fuel filter, maybe even the spark plugs.

if the battery has been lying for 2 years and not been used or charged it will ideally need replacing, it wont last very long otherwise.

if the engine appears to run ok i would then go further and spend some time looking at the brakes, fluid, tyres etc

i would also do the oil + filter and the fuel filter, maybe even the spark plugs.

if the battery has been lying for 2 years and not been used or charged it will ideally need replacing, it wont last very long otherwise.

if the engine appears to run ok i would then go further and spend some time looking at the brakes, fluid, tyres etc

without knowing the mileage personally i would do as said and ensure it runs first then ide be looking at replacing the timing belt and the tensioner after 2 years they wont be at there best the oil will be needing changed likely the fuel will have gone bad so drain and fill and add some premium fuel like vpower to clean the tank out plugs will likely need done as well as leads theres likely mould grown inside somewhere and the brakes will need overhauled you never know half of that may not need done but ide do it anyway

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club