Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Ka Spark Plugs

SueKA

Hi

Dont know if anyone can help me, a friend offered to change the spark plugs on my KA as they were missed on my last service, when changing them one has snapped and he has been unable to remove it.

Does anyone know if this will be costly to repair?

Thanks

Sue

if it was just the top of the plug that snapped you should still be able to get a socket on the hex of the plug, try a good dose of penetrating fluid around the plug first.

Must be a HCS/Endura engine :lol:

If the plug is snapped of flush with the head could be costly, depending on how long it takes to remove the snapped off plug, and if the head has to come off. Its always good idea to put a bit of copperslip grease on the threads of the plug before fitting it.

Must be a HCS/Endura engine :lol:

If the plug is snapped of flush with the head could be costly, depending on how long it takes to remove the snapped off plug, and if the head has to come off. Its always good idea to put a bit of copperslip grease on the threads of the plug before fitting it.

if its snapped completely and you cant get it out you may get to it with the rocker cover off otherwise its a head job can indicate water getting into the plug wells and corroding them new ones if he gets it out give the threads a good rubb in copper grease thread them in by hand then remove them again and put the final smear of grease on them then refit

if you are going to be able to remove the plug yourself, one product i will recommend for any seized bolts, nuts whatever is 'plusgas dismantling lubricant' its pricey but is well worth the expense.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club