Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk 7 Gearbox

routy22

Hey there, im new to this forum and this is a long and winded situation to explain, so please bare with me, i have had my fiesta for bout 6 or 7 month now and is comin up nerly 2 year old with 16 thousand on the clock, and over the winter months with the snow and been my absolute pride nd joy, i garaged her up and put her bed to hibernate this comin harsh months so she has been stood for bout 2 months, (call me a geek i know) LOL and the weather picked up so i thought id go out in her the other day and after a few hours the gears seem to just "break", now what i mean by "break" is, i came out of 2nd at a junction to go to first, and as i tried to put it in 1st i couldnt, it was jammed solied, and the car was stuck in fourth gear, :S strange to say the gear stick was in nuetrel position, i could only move the gearstick back and forwards in 3rd position and nuetrel, it wouldnt move left or right, and it wouldnt come out of 4th, and if it did the gear stick was in 3rd position, now to me this sounds like a gear selector, or a linkage thats failed, but it just feels like the gear box has "moved" or "dropped" and i know it does sound wierd but it is confusing me, to what i could be, and im wondering if there is any body havin/had a simular problem and could explain to me please. or if any one knows abit more about this than i do? would be greatly appreciated

sorry for huge essay, thanks for taking the time to read and understand my situation

regards chris

Used to get this with a peugeot taxi i used to drive. In cold weather the Nylon bits in the cable linkage would freeze or jam. You would end up stuck in a gear or unable to move from neutral. Most commonly it would jam the stick between 3rd and 4th, with movement only between those gears. Once it had warmed up you would get more and more movement out of it. Once cleared the problem wouldn't return until it was left in the cold overnight. As a Ford man I have owned many Fords over the years, including 2 mk7 fiestas over the past 2 winters. Never had this problem with any of them, sorry. That said, all Ford gearboxes seem to be a bit stiff in the mornings or after being laid up a while.

Used to get this with a peugeot taxi i used to drive. In cold weather the Nylon bits in the cable linkage would freeze or jam. You would end up stuck in a gear or unable to move from neutral. Most commonly it would jam the stick between 3rd and 4th, with movement only between those gears. Once it had warmed up you would get more and more movement out of it. Once cleared the problem wouldn't return until it was left in the cold overnight. As a Ford man I have owned many Fords over the years, including 2 mk7 fiestas over the past 2 winters. Never had this problem with any of them, sorry. That said, all Ford gearboxes seem to be a bit stiff in the mornings or after being laid up a while.

thanks for the reply and help :) much appreciated buddy, i had the car sent back .. twice now because the first time they didnt fix it properly :/ .. but all is fixed, and they told me it was some "gear cables" and "gear mount(s)", went to pick up the car, and then they told me that the radiator is leaking, ...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club