Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Seatbelts Too Short - Longer Replacements Available ?

rgvkid

hi all,

just recently got a 2006 2.0 model and loving it. one big problem though, is the rear seatbelts are too short for the kid's car seats.

i know this is a common problem (the seats are quite big) and i have already bought seatbelt extenders from amazon, but they're not ideal (actually a bit too long), and the missus is giving me earache about actually replacing the belts.

does anyone know if there is another ford eg mondeo, which has longer seatbelts which i can just swap out ??

thanks in advance,

col

hi all,

just recently got a 2006 2.0 model and loving it. one big problem though, is the rear seatbelts are too short for the kid's car seats.

i know this is a common problem (the seats are quite big) and i have already bought seatbelt extenders from amazon, but they're not ideal (actually a bit too long), and the missus is giving me earache about actually replacing the belts.

does anyone know if there is another ford eg mondeo, which has longer seatbelts which i can just swap out ??

thanks in advance,

col

their is an ISO fix kit available that bolts under the seat mate,

and if your car seats are iso fix compatable they clip in to the bracket, then you dont need the seat belt,

what type of seats are they mate, carry cot or booster seats ?

ive got 2 kids in booster seats with the backs on, the seat on the right is from 9 months upwards and then after 2 years the harness can be removed and used as seen on the left seat, but if your kid is 9months or under those type of bulky seats use alot of seat belt mate,

Image0702.jpg

hi,

thanks for the replies. one is a bulky travel system seat (kid is 4 months) which barely fits the belt as standard. the other seat is for a 3 year old, enormous thing with removeable bar at the front, the seatbelt goes thru the bar, which in turn stops the kid escaping ! so it's not the seat itself which is strapped in.

i already bough a belt extender ta, which is good enough for me but the missus is whining about it and wants the belt changed to a longer one if possible (so there is no extender in use, she doesn't trust them!), but i have no idea if there is a longer ford belt i can swap it out with (i assume it has to be a ford one)

cheers

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club