Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 2.0L Tdci Air In Diesel Line From Filter To High Pressure Pump....

andy monty

Hi Chaps.... Whilst doing the basic weekly checks on my dads focus estate i assume its a mk2b ? ) 2.0 TDCI titanium Estate

6929157405_41849c37fb.jpg

Anyways i do a bit of repair stuff at work on the Forklift truck fleet (rebuilt a few perkins engines and the fleet LGV checks and know my own car back to front Im a mod on fiatforum.com done my own cam belts ect so am reasonably mechanically savvy )

so knowing its coming up to running out of warranty cast my eye over it today and pulled the Black "keep the idiots off the engine bits cover" off and was greeted by the Fuel filter to injector pump Pipe (which is clear) drawing air through in the form of some big ish bubbles? and mum says she has had trouble staring it (keyless push button jobbie)

The tank is full now im 99.999% sure that air bubbles in a diesel line is not right Is there any common issues to this marque before we take it back to the dealership there is no obvious fuel leaks in the engine bay or under the car......... cant see a primer/ lift pump which i know can leak and draw air in.

So what can cause this? leaky fuel filter o-ring? be nice to know of any issues

Also the handbrake (rear discs) keeps pulling up to its limit is there any common issue with these before i go side step the service desk man and speak to the actual mechanic sporting a box of Jaffa cakes ;-)

Thanks chaps

Regards Andy

• 1 year later...

Hi, I know it's been a while since you had this problem, but mine 2.0L Tdci 58 plate facelift focus has the very same problem, the car starts with out any problem but after about 400 yards the revs won't pick up & I have to push the revs up to about 2000 & feather the clutch to get the car to pull away, dud you manage to fix your problem, hope to hear from you, brian

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club