Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anti Rollbar Bushes

andy1r

Hi, hoping someone here with some experience may be able to advise. I'm going to fit new rear ARB to my Mondeo H/B Mk3. I have use of a pit. Can I fit them from the pit with all weight on wheels, or do I need to jack the car up?

Thanks in advance.

they are a bit of a pig to get at being mounted on top of subframe so getting at that inner bolt will be tricky

Thanks for reply Peter. I don't think i was very clear in my original post. What I mean is, do i need to remove the tension from the wheels, suspension and anti rollbar by jacking the car up? I can access the ARB's without jacking it up.

But having said that i now believe i may have to jack the car up because looking at the new bushes there is no split in them(polyurethane bushes). So I think I will have to slide them down the anti roll bar from the end. I was hoping that they would (if they had a split in them) just push on.

might be easier in air as the tension will be forcing bar up rather than on ground cause pressure would be opposite putting pressure on bushes and arm.may be disconnect it all but doing bush end bolts 1st when putting togeather