Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tuning Chip Advice / Brakes

Dickster555

I have a 2.0 TDCi C-Max (Manual) and an considering purchasing a performance chip for it. Does anyone have any advice or experience on which is the best manufacturer of chips for this car and also anyone tried one and found it to be a mistake for any reason. The car is no longer in warranty so i'm not bothered about voiding that. Has anyone upgraded the brakes on a C-Max or does anyone know if the larger Focus ST discs and calipers fit. I have already fitted 18" alloys and Eibach (Ford approved) lowering and alignment kits with Bilstein B6 Sport dampers. Any advice on general upgrading would also be appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Update to this post - have just bought a ST3 tuning box from ChippedUK comes with 2 'maps' - 'economy' and 'fast road', i will keep this post updated as to the results if anyones interested

Update to this post - have just bought a ST3 tuning box from ChippedUK comes with 2 'maps' - 'economy' and 'fast road', i will keep this post updated as to the results if anyones interested
H

Hi mate, look on evolutionchips.com a remap is always better than a tuning box, but it does depend on what you want personally.. but it will transform your c-max.

steve

H

Hi mate, look on evolutionchips.com a remap is always better than a tuning box, but it does depend on what you want personally.. but it will transform your c-max.

steve

The downside with a remap is that if the car goes into Ford for a service and they hook it up to the computer and do an update, you're stuffed. You would HAVE TO remember to tell them not to do any updates to the vehicle due to a remap. Then you could get issues of them getting arsey if stuffs found to be wrong with the car. Presumably warranty isnt an option as its a 04 model. I'd go with Bluefin or dragon chips. Both give around 30bhp minimum increase and 70nM of torques increase and the bluefin is now reduced to £391

Hi, thanks for both of your posts

i have bought the ST3 self-remapping box from chippeduk, basically you plug it into the diagnostic port and download the cars original map onto it, then upload that via t'internet to chippeduk, they then write a new map for you and send it back, which you then load back on the ST3 box and upload it to the car, you get 2 maps in with the price (choice from economy, power or race or whatever you want if you talk to them) (i think you only get one with bluefin from superchips) I'm going for economy (+28bhp/+55Nm/+20% efficiency) and power (+36bhp/+75Nm) - i'll let you know if these are realistic claims - i'm quite sceptical. The great thing is you keep your original cars file safe somewhere and you can swap them about as many times as you want apparently!!It should be here tommorrow so i'll let you know. Regards

Update - got the box, but it won't communicate with the C-Max ..... yet. Tech support very helpful, the PC / Box software is being updated by someone in Italy just for the C-Max, tech guy from chippeduk is working on it today (Good Friday) from home, hopefully will get a new program emailed to me today.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club