Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car key battery type

steadfast

Can anyone tell me the battery type required for my key.I have a Mondeo Mk1 'Verona' (purchased from new)?The key is an infrared type.I am told it is either ref.CR2016 or CR 2032.

Cheers

Can anyone tell me the battery type required for my key.I have a Mondeo Mk1 'Verona' (purchased from new)?The key is an infrared type.I am told it is either ref.CR2016 or CR 2032.

Cheers

If its the one with 2 buttons and the little light on its 2x CR2016's

Key4.jpg

You need to change the batteries very quickly so the key doesnt need reprogramming. If you dont, and you probably wont, change them fast enough, heres the process to programme the key

If its the one with 2 buttons and the little light on its 2x CR2016's

Key4.jpg

You need to change the batteries very quickly so the key doesnt need reprogramming. If you dont, and you probably wont, change them fast enough, heres the process to programme the key

Thanks a lot mate.I'm sure I won't do it in the 15 seconds as stated in the handbook.

• 3 months later...

Do these keys need cutting in any way or just reprogramed ?

Many Thanks

Don't really get you :blink:

If the keys fitted the car before and it's just the battery needing replaced, when you take the old ones out the new ones must be put in within 15 seconds or the "code" will be lost. The key will still unlock the car if you put it in the lock just won't open it remotely

Do these keys need cutting in any way or just reprogramed ?

Many Thanks

You have to be very nimble to locate the two new batteries (CR2016) into the key within 15 seconds,and if you fail as I did,you then only need to reprogramme.I found the attached information the best and it worked for me.

Best of luck.

post-6036-1250150555_thumb.jpg

If i wanted to replace the key with a new one would i need the key to be cut aswell. ? Or just it reprogrammed.

I know all ford keys lock all fords but funny enough they don'nt un-lock them lol.

Many Thanks

Not sure if this applys to all keys but you can change the key shaft into the new fob