Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Problem Fitting Genuine Ford Front Mudflaps

IMW

well I must admit they can look good with mud flaps all round :rolleyes:

I did this thread on reasons for having mud flaps, and what damage they can help prevent Known rust problems on mk2 Focus front wheel arches

On the last page of this thread you will see a nice example of flaps all round on a sea grey Focus.

Thanks, I've just had a look at that. That is a great colour Focus.

Not sure mudflaps all round will look the same, or as subtle, on my bright red Focus though.

I think I'll go for the fronts for now. If I change my mind about the rears I can always pick a set up later off fleabay.

• 2 weeks later...

:rolleyes:

When I fit new Ford mudflaps to the front I could not fathom it out either. And because I did not want any metal clip cutting through to the metal I just said sod it and left them off. The top and bottom fixings secure them in place fine as far as I'm concerned. But it looks like hawker fathomed it OK :unsure:

yes the instructions are not very good of the fitting of the middle clip ...but it is dead easy.. after you have put the top and bottom screws in loosly.. fold the plastic tap back on its self.. offer up the plastic clip and then push the spring clip all the way in ..you will need a pair of molegrips but then it will click in :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

followed by the inclusion of quote of mine in post number 4 dated 4th May 2010.

In which I was a replying to the Opening Poster, and also indicating that Hawker had indeed posted the solution in post number 3.

I was not asking a question, so why bring my quote up nearly 10 months later? My latest input to this thread was a reply to Karlos wanting to know how they look fitted to just the front or all round.

So may I suggest you try and follow the vain of the thread as it unfolds before posting :rolleyes:

by the way welcome to the forum ;)

My front mudflaps arrived the other day I set about fitting them straight away. I tried to fit them in the confines of my garage, thinking that after reading on here, it would piece of pee-pee. My first mistake.

After struggling with the lower screw fitting on both sides and having already mastered the now notorious middle fitting, I wheeled the Focus out of the garage and whipped out the trolley jack for a better view underneath.

It turns out that instead of cleaning the arches first then undoing the screws, I did it the other way round. This caused the wheel arch liner to move around, and meant I couldn't get the screw to go through the mudflap and back into the hole in the arch liner. Cue lots of swearing etc and 15 minutes later victory was mine!

Overall, quite a simple job, made considerably more difficult by my own impatience and incompetence! Still, now they're on, they look pretty good. Glad I only went for the fronts too.

Karlos, I notice you have had a remap done, who's did you get? Can you pop the original map back on by a hand held device? [for warranty purposes :rolleyes:] Have you informed your insurance of the remap and if so, how much did they jack your insurance up by.

I bet it's quick now, any figures ?

Of course feel free not to answer any or all my questions, it's just that I had that engine on an S40 Volvo and that was nippy enough for me.

Karlos, I notice you have had a remap done, who's did you get? Can you pop the original map back on by a hand held device? [for warranty purposes :rolleyes:] Have you informed your insurance of the remap and if so, how much did they jack your insurance up by.

I bet it's quick now, any figures ?

Of course feel free not to answer any or all my questions, it's just that I had that engine on an S40 Volvo and that was nippy enough for me.

You have PM :)

• 3 years later...

I nearly made the same mistake. The middle fixings at the front are one-go attempts. No going back once you feed the clamp through. However the torx screws and clamps are available separately on eBay etc

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club