Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Armrest For Fiesta Mk7

AdamC11

Hi Guys,

Im after an armrest for my Fiesta MK7.

Do Ford sell them or do i have to buy off the internet?

Cheers

Hi Adam.

I'm not sure about Ford doing one, can't remember if they advise getting the Armster armrest. Anyways, theres several online to choose from.

Heres a thread from a while back with some pictures of a few different versions: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/8488-anyone-fitted-a-central-armrest-to-their-mk7/

Theres also talk of the US Boomerang armrest being made available for Euro fiestas too: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/22430-boomerang-armrest/

I have this style

IMG_0135.jpg

Paul

Hi Adam.

I'm not sure about Ford doing one, can't remember if they advise getting the Armster armrest. Anyways, theres several online to choose from.

Heres a thread from a while back with some pictures of a few different versions: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/8488-anyone-fitted-a-central-armrest-to-their-mk7/

Theres also talk of the US Boomerang armrest being made available for Euro fiestas too: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/22430-boomerang-armrest/

I have this style

Paul

By the way Paul, was is easy to fit?

Hi tato,

Yeah the armrest was really easy to fit. The armrest section had 4 screws to fit into the base. Then the base had double sided sticky pads which sticks in the fiestas rear bin/cup holder behind the handbrake. I know sticky pads doesn't sound enough to hold an armrest in place but somehow it works. I like this idea as when I comes to sell the car it can be removed without trace.

With having an auto I only ever user the hand brake when getting out the car and never lift the armrest into it's upright position. Maybe if I did this more often I'd make the armrest more permanent/secure.

Where did you get your armrest from as i'm really interested in getting one yours looks the best one that i've seen so far

Where did you get your armrest from as i'm really interested in getting one yours looks the best one that i've seen so far

I got it from eBay but the seller I used no longer has them. Its almost identical to the one Tato has given a link to above though.

I went for it on looks and price and don't have any complaints - just to make you aware it is mainly plastic with a metal stand inside the vertical section - I don't think it could handle a child crawling over it like the Boomerang one claims it can, but this isn't an issue for me.

I am the only one in country to have the new boomerang armrest and from the research I did into armrests and even speaking to the company president about it, he explained how well the US version had sold and how it can installed easy and can be removed easily without any damage to the car. I would highly recommend this armrest, it is very sturdy and looks the business. You can also get the top of the armrest colour coded to your interior, for example I have the purple interior. If any one is interested in this armrest I could put together a group buy and could look at a lower price.

thanks

I am the only one in country to have the new boomerang armrest and from the research I did into armrests and even speaking to the company president about it, he explained how well the US version had sold and how it can installed easy and can be removed easily without any damage to the car. I would highly recommend this armrest, it is very sturdy and looks the business. You can also get the top of the armrest colour coded to your interior, for example I have the purple interior. If any one is interested in this armrest I could put together a group buy and could look at a lower price.

thanks

Show us some pictures...

How strong? I want to lean on it when reaching into the glove box..

Not sure tbh I ain't tried that. Front seat passengers have leaned on it when getting out the car and it withstood it but it did creak a bit

I keep wondering about getting a Boomerang armrest. I emailed Boomerang a few weeks ago and they mentioned that amazon would be stocking the UK version "very soon" (so I wouldn't have to get one shipped from the US) but still no sign of it on the amazon website. I'd like to see one fitted in a car before buying one though which might prove a little difficult - they all seem to sit over the top of the handbrake which is a bit of a concern.

I have the front seats pushed all the way back so I'd actually prefer an armrest that is only about half the length of the Boomerang but I'm guessing there isn't anything like this available. I don't see the point in having to lift it up every time I need to apply or release the handbrake.

It doesn't seem that much of an inconvenience *not* having an armrest so I'm finding it hard to justify the price of the Boomerang anyway.

Hi

How strong? I want to lean on it when reaching into the glove box..

I can lean on it and it slightly flexes and hold really well.

I keep wondering about getting a Boomerang armrest. I emailed Boomerang a few weeks ago and they mentioned that Amazon would be stocking the UK version "very soon" (so I wouldn't have to get one shipped from the US) but still no sign of it on the Amazon website. I'd like to see one fitted in a car before buying one though which might prove a little difficult - they all seem to sit over the top of the handbrake which is a bit of a concern.

I have the front seats pushed all the way back so I'd actually prefer an armrest that is only about half the length of the Boomerang but I'm guessing there isn't anything like this available. I don't see the point in having to lift it up every time I need to apply or release the handbrake.

It doesn't seem that much of an inconvenience *not* having an armrest so I'm finding it hard to justify the price of the Boomerang anyway.

Yeah it is supposed to be on amazon, but they sent some over and they have been held up in customs for some reason for over three weeks. I will attach some photos of the armrest in my car and it shows how the colours match. From having it in my car I have no problems with the handbrake at all it has an a lot of room to pull up the handbrake. I also have the seats right back and I can have my arm on the rest and change gears quite easily. With regard to price I could get enough people interested through a group buy it would bring the price down.

image030yo.jpg

image032zk.jpg

image033g.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

thanks

It does look good but whats the rear centre passenger's knee room like - got any pics of it from the rear seats?

thanks

No offense gazza but the armrest is out of the Fiesta's design. But that's just my opinion.

I think I'd prefer it to be half the length and lower down.

• 1 month later...

My Boomerang armrest arrived today (from Amazon.co.uk). Going to be fitting it as soon as I can get hold of a socket set :-)

dont forget to take a few pics and post here :)

Hi

My Boomerang armrest arrived today (from Amazon.co.uk). Going to be fitting it as soon as I can get hold of a socket set :-)

Nice to see more people buying this Armrest and having more people backing up my opinion of this armrest. I am currently Boomerangs UK representative and they are currently sending a lot more stock over to the UK and I have been told that they will be hitting the UK for £99, which is excellent value. As I am a regular visitor to this forum I would be willing to offer you lot the chance to getting to even cheaper through a group buy.

Also another thing is that Boomerang are also bringing over the Zetec s spoiler, but for a lot cheaper than what Ford are selling them for. If anyone is interested then let me know.

And lastly I know there is quite a large demand for the Chinese grille (see picture below), well Boomerang are also bring a load of these to UK. I will post more details once they hit the UK.

image043se.jpg

thanks

Gaz

Installed and all is well, was a bit difficult getting the centre console piece back in once the metal arm was in place, but managed it in the end. The armrest is good quality and fits in well with the standard trim in my Titanium, looks like it could have been a dealer option imo.

Have just seen the price has just dropped to £99 on amazon also, bit annoying as only received mine yesterday! <_<

Hows it to drive with around town? ie. can you actually use the handbrake effectively (birds eye view photo would help with this). I'm interested in the product I'm just not sure on its practicality (as has been covered in any armrest thread on this forum). I suppose a user review would be helpful ;)

Great car btw :D

In order to use the handbrake you need to lift the armrest up, which is no problem as you're only going to be using the handbrake when you've come to a stop anyway (unless you think you're a rally driver!). I'm sure that's the same on some factory fit armrests too, so I don't see it as an issue or anything.

Having said that I've not driven it since installing it, so maybe I'll see how I go on with the armrest down :)

Looks good, could we have a pic from the rear seats and a close up of how it fits to the rear cup holder/centre console ...just next time you have your camera out :) cheers

imag0002dr.th.jpg

imag0003pf.th.jpg

These above show where the mounting arm is fitted after removing the rear section of the centre console, the metal plate you can see in the second photo is removed and replaced with the base of the armrest.

imag0016re.th.jpg

imag0018yc.th.jpg

The good thing about this arm is it doesn't involve any drilling or !Removed! into the existing plastics.

Also, had a drive around with it today, you can use the handbrake without having to move the armrest but obviously it does get in the way a little - just use a bit of common sense!