Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Name: Mark
  • Ford Model: SEAT Ibiza ST 1.2 TSi
  • Year: 2011

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:53 PM

I'm after fitting some of these myself, but not with the wireless display, rather the speaker.

Am I safe to assume that the speaker is powered by the control box that it plugs into, or is extra juice required from another source?

Set in question: eBay

The parking sensors take power from the reversing light wires. Any power needed will be taken through here when you put it into reverse.
And StanH, if you can get two friends, you can do what I did to check: I dropped the back seats, me and my brother climbed in and held the sensors where they needed to go and my dad walked in front to check the positioning was correct. Only then did we drill.
Also noticed you have a 2006 Ghia like GSM and me. We both found our car's differed from Preee's car in the guide. Would you mind posting if yours does to please? Would be interesting to find out why this occurs.
Any more advice needed, just post :-).

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#92 gumpy321

gumpy321

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Name: Andy
  • Ford Model: Focus
  • Year: 2008

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:23 PM

Yeah, thanks for that. I fitted some about two weeks ago now following the excellent guide from Pree. They look like they were factory fitted and the colour match is excellent.

I'll post some pics up when it stop raining.

#93 StanH

StanH

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 182 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus Ghia 1.6 Petrol
  • Year: 2006

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:07 AM

minnis

Having a bit of trouble with suppliers but they assure me they are on the way.

Will let you know exactly what I find when I fit

Stan

#94 gumpy321

gumpy321

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:02 PM

As promised, pictures of mine.

Posted Image

#95 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 8,535 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:40 PM

As promised, pictures of mine.

Sweet mate they look good on your blue body colour too, you must be very pleased
I've gotta purchase a set of these soon myself.

#96 StanH

StanH

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 182 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus Ghia 1.6 Petrol

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:58 AM

Well, the replacement sensors arrived yesterday - so-called Tonic Blue was a terrible match so repainted them and left them overnight.
Had already marked out the positions on the bumper - for anyone interested mine are 40.5 - 49.0- 40.5 cms apart centred on the centre of the number plate and 3cms down as per Stoney's earlier post - so used the cutter with no problem.
As per earlier other posts, the reverse lead comes up on the right hand side on the 2006 Ghia and the positive reverse supply is confirmed as a black/green lead.
Used scotchlocks to connect to the black/green and one of the black leads and nothing worked. This is the first time I have used scotchlocks and discovered that the ones I had used did not engage properly with the size of wire so I cut out and soldered.
I had been dreading reassembling but it all went smoothly, so for well under £20 I now have reversing sensors and an almost full can of paint.
BTW - the block under the bumper referred to earlier is a multiway plug and socket.
I wonder if all 2006 Ghias are the same with the passenger fuse board different to the owners manual etc.- I have an idea that they were assembled in Spain

Stan

#97 alkyz89

alkyz89

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Name: Aaron
  • Ford Model: focus zetec S
  • Year: 2010

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:13 PM

sorry to be a pain, but with xmas on the way im looking for some stocking fillers and reverse parking sensors seem ideal...
now ive got the mk2.5 in silver and wanted to know which sensors would be best as i have seen about 5 different links on this topic...
im looking for the reverse sensors, buzzer only.
ive seen a set for like £12 and then a set for £48 claiming to match the ford moondust colour.
has anyone purchased the cheaper set for a silver ford and do they match well??
cheers for your help!!

#98 gumpy321

gumpy321

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:57 AM

I got mine from HERE. Mine are ocean blue and are a very good match. It says silver on the listing. If they weren't a good match, you could always get a spray paint for your car and just spray them?

#99 Gary Minty Jupe

Gary Minty Jupe

Feet Under The Table

• Members via FB
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Ford Model: 1.6 zetec

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:02 PM

quick question guys, I am fitting reverse sensors but the instructions say red to twin coloured wire and the black to the other wire but the how to guide says black wire to earth point can you guys just confirm were im ment to put them ???? many thanks

#100 GSM

GSM

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Name: Garrie
  • Ford Model: Focus Ghia 1.6 (100PS)

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:25 PM

quick question guys, I am fitting reverse sensors but the instructions say red to twin coloured wire and the black to the other wire but the how to guide says black wire to earth point can you guys just confirm were im ment to put them ???? many thanks

Red should go to the live wire for the reverse lights - which is a twin-coloured wire.

Black should go to any Earth point - although the Earth wire for the reverse lights is probably most convenient. This will be a black wire. But it really doesn't matter which Earth point you choose. You can wire to an Earth point on the car, you can splice it into the Earth for the reverse lights, etc. Doesn't make a difference.

#101 Gary Minty Jupe

Gary Minty Jupe

Feet Under The Table

• Members via FB
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:35 PM

Think i have got the same problem StanH had with the scotchlocks as nothing is working as in #96 !!!! but have fitted sensors and run all the wires inside the bumper and up through the rubber grommet so i think it time to get the soldering iron out tomorrow

#102 minnis

minnis

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Name: Mark
  • Ford Model: SEAT Ibiza ST 1.2 TSi
  • Year: 2011

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:44 PM

Think i have got the same problem StanH had with the scotchlocks as nothing is working as in #96 !!!! but have fitted sensors and run all the wires inside the bumper and up through the rubber grommet so i think it time to get the soldering iron out tomorrow

I had this problem. The scotch-lok's weren't cutting through the rubber casing of the wires, so no connection was made. Just get a wire stripper/knife (and be careful!) and expose the wire, then solder on and cover it with some electrical tape.

#103 GSM

GSM

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Name: Garrie
  • Ford Model: Focus Ghia 1.6 (100PS)

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:48 PM

I tend to give my scotch locks a good squeeze with pliers once I apply them to force them to cut through and make the connection. I find that sometimes just pushing them with your fingers isn't enough.

In anycase I'd advise against scotch locks. They CAN be dangerous. They're mass-produced and have a high failure rate... if you fit a faulty one unknowingly it might lead to some harsh consequences...

Instead I'd recommend crimp connectors. Pretty much what I use with all my electrical mods. Soldering is good too, but it's a lot more difficult and requires a bit more skill than crimp connectors. Can easily go wrong if you're not experienced at soldering.

#104 Gary Minty Jupe

Gary Minty Jupe

Feet Under The Table

• Members via FB
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:15 PM

soldering iron came out as it was the scotchlock not connecting properly, all fitted and working well excellent guide massive time saver

#105 Crinkleybottoms

Crinkleybottoms

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Name: Johnny
  • Year: 2009

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:33 PM

Great guide guys with so much information.......I am thinking of fitting a set of these but am also thinking of putting a inline switch in to the system to turn them off if needs be.
Has anyone done this or knows how to do it?
My thoughts at the moment are a small round toggle switch out of the way near the steering coloum?

Thanks in advance

Crinkley Bottoms(Johnny)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users