greggp

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus 2008 1.8 petrol Titanium
  • Year: 2008

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:10 PM

Nice work pidu. this is a nice mod! I note you got a mk2 (pre-facelift) but as you state above hopefully hould work with a mk2.5 as well! The mk2.5 titanium (2008) model which is what I have has the guide me home lighting which is where if you flick the high beam stalk once ignition is turned off the main headlamps (not including side or tail lamps) stay lit for 30 secs or so. This must run a similar prinicipal to the drl activation I suppose. Maybe have a look under hood at weekend and investigate further.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Pree. How u getting on with you LED drls? This is another great mod to the focus and looks more factory fitted and much better than the cheap aftermarket stick on jobbies i've seen the "boy racers" with! maybe another option for me! I did the number plate LED's and side lights mod and so far so good although have heard people having issues with these flickering or burning out. Had these fitted since mid december now!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,099 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:08 PM

---------------------------------------------------------------
Pree. How u getting on with you LED drls? This is another great mod to the focus and looks more factory fitted and much better than the cheap aftermarket stick on jobbies i've seen the "boy racers" with! maybe another option for me! I did the number plate LED's and side lights mod and so far so good although have heard people having issues with these flickering or burning out. Had these fitted since mid december now!

Hi Greggp

They are working great , and very happy with them , i have seen on another forum a guy fitted them and then sprayed them , some thing i won't be doing lol.

I'm still toying with my rear DRL kit i made and deciding if i want to fit it into the cluster , 50/50 at the moment it all works well and dims the LED's i brought , but i just can't bring myself to drill the light cluster lol
Saying that if i do it i might try in the Indicator side , as now i'm reading these type of LEDS fail quickly under heat and if i put it in the side light then it gets hot there and might start failing on me.
Putting them in the indicator section , more worried about the RED blocking out the Orange , but like the look of the ST style lights which that would replicate.

#18 greggp

greggp

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:23 PM

Sprayed them...?
I've seen some real s*** mods TBH!! Saw someone in a reasonably new bmw 335 the other day who had fitted those flexible LED strip thingys and they looked shocking, even some of the bulbs looked like they'd blown! I like my LED side lights, they look great when just on by themself! thing is i tend to leave auto switch on so lamps and sides on at same time but just feel my halogen headlamps let the whole look down! Have tried phillips, osram and wasn't that impressed with whiteness so got a set of halfords bv as have them in my fez also and look pretty good. Would like to hear a succesful headlamp drl conversion on a mk2.5 like above before I start tinkering with relays/fuses etc on mine.

#19 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,099 posts
Contributor

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:37 PM

Yes there are some Mad , modifications out there , the guy that painted them probably thought it was a good idea to colour match , unless he has resprayed them they were not moondust silver lol, and if he did not cut back the plastic and bond them the paint is probably on his drive now lol.
I have seen a set of DRL for a Mk2.5 headlight's but they were not cheap ! and if a LED failed it would be very costly.
I always check mine to see if any of the Leds have failed lol i'm paranoid.
i switched my Fogs on the other day and wow they llooked terrible like a dirty yellow compaired to the DRLS , but i don't use the Fogs so i'm not changing the bulbs

#20 greggp

greggp

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:42 PM

My headlamps actualky look a lot whiter than the factory fitted ones....I suppose because the led's I bought give more of a xenon look they let the look down a bit, but something I can live with.

#21 Pidu

Pidu

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Name: Peter
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium 2.0 AT
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:18 AM

Would like to hear a succesful headlamp drl conversion on a mk2.5 like above before I start tinkering with relays/fuses etc on mine.

Conversion looks exactly the same on Mk2 and Mk2.5. They have different fuse boxes, but it is not a problem, fuses numbers are stated above. Lots of people already did it in other countries :)

BTW, I have recently seen trim set for Hella DRL system LEDayFlax for Focus Mk2.5, maybe somebody would be interested:

http://www.hella.com...10_023_en_1.pdf

Price is high, as for all Hella accessories - RRP EUR 98 for the trim and EUR 200 for DRL system, but could be bought cheaper.

#22 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,940 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct

Posted 11 February 2012 - 02:49 AM

Nice mod though round my way you could drive a a luminous car neon sign on it with a pole dancer on the roof and they still dont see you coming

#23 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,099 posts
Contributor

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:41 PM

Conversion looks exactly the same on Mk2 and Mk2.5. They have different fuse boxes, but it is not a problem, fuses numbers are stated above. Lots of people already did it in other countries :)

BTW, I have recently seen trim set for Hella DRL system LEDayFlax for Focus Mk2.5, maybe somebody would be interested:

http://www.hella.com...10_023_en_1.pdf

Price is high, as for all Hella accessories - RRP EUR 98 for the trim and EUR 200 for DRL system, but could be bought cheaper.

They look ok , but for me they are like the MS-design for the Mk3 they are too close together for my liking.

#24 james_60

james_60

Too much time on the boards

• FOC Supporters
  • 970 posts
  • Name: Jamie
  • Ford Model: 2013 Focus Titanium X 1.6TDCI 115BHP
  • Year: 2013

Posted 11 February 2012 - 02:43 PM

I would like to order that wire but where from. Can pidu please post a link to where he got it from

Jamie

#25 Pidu

Pidu

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
Contributor

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:47 PM

I would like to order that wire but where from. Can pidu please post a link to where he got it from

Jamie

I got it from Ford dealer. Finis 1684288, price 11.02 GBP.

#26 james_60

james_60

Too much time on the boards

• FOC Supporters
  • 970 posts
  • Name: Jamie
  • Ford Model: 2013 Focus Titanium X 1.6TDCI 115BHP
  • Year: 2013

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:48 PM

Hi

You said it came from germany.

Then you said i got it from ford dealer ??

Iam confused

Jamie

#27 Pidu

Pidu

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
Contributor

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:47 PM

I order the resistor wire at Ford dealer. It was supposed to be delivered next day, but then they informed me it is not in stock in UK and will be delivered from Germany. It took 4 days.

#28 quadrophenic

quadrophenic

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus 57 1.6 ghia

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:51 AM

Sorry to revive a slightly old thread, but I was wondering, with the DRL's on does this also mean that the dash lights come on?

#29 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,099 posts
Contributor

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:57 AM

Sorry to revive a slightly old thread, but I was wondering, with the DRL's on does this also mean that the dash lights come on?

On the Mk2.5 the Dash lights always come on with Ignition anyway , not sure if that is the same with the Mk2

#30 quadrophenic

quadrophenic

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus 57 1.6 ghia

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:15 AM

With my lights set to auto the dash lights only come on wen my lights come on. Don't think I'd like the dash illuminated all the time

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users