Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide For Focus Mk2/mk2.5 C-Max/kuga ~Elm 327 Cable And Ff2 Program

Preee

Hi Wilco,

Yes I'm driving an Asian Ford Focus. Ok noted. Will be more cautious in using the software next time. Thanks for the advise :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I live in nordic countries , where lights must be ON at all times.

Can ELMconfig change the settings for AUTO lights ?

Local dealer says it means couple of hours of work and rewiring, i'm not so sure about that.

Simple really. Just cover the sensor :)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

With covering the sensor , automatic wipers will also go ON :)

True disable auto wipers from the switch :)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

So basically there is no option in ELMconfig do configure it ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all would someone be able to point out to me on this thread where I can get the latest updates of the software for this elm327 config. I have been lent a elm327 modified so all I need is the software. I ha e been told it's on here and in the more recent posts there are some English versions. would someone be able to point out where they are for me as I don't have the time to trawl through 139 pages of posts.

Many Thanks

Ryan

Thanks so all I need to do is download those? it's not all in Russian is it when you install the drivers ect ect? do you have to connect the cable to the laptop then install it all?

Hi all,

There is a guy on eBay called carbitssouthwales (dont know if im allowed to post a link) selling "modified" ELM 327's.

Anyone know if this will save me the hassle and burnt fingers of making my own ?

Hello,

If anyone is interested in a modified Elm 327 cable and don't fancy doing one yourself, I do sell them ready to use with all the software, normally £18 but for FOC members I will let you have one for £16 that includes free 1st class P&P.

If anyone is interested in one just send me a personal message. If any member(s) living aboard wants one just ask me for shipping costs in your private message.

Cheers

Mad Dog.

• Like 1

Thanks so all I need to do is download those? it's not all in Russian is it when you install the drivers ect ect? do you have to connect the cable to the laptop then install it all?

Hi Ryan,

It comes in english as well, so just download the runtime pack and install, then download the software and run.

Should you run into the error such as one shouting about MSCOMM32 then download this:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/mtyn7jm0qr8qels/DllPack.zip

copy the files into the c:\windows\system32 or the c:\windows\syswow64 (if your using 64 bit windows).

Then go to start, type CMD and right click the icon choosing "Run as administrator"

then, just type the following and press enter:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]

Copyright © 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\windows\system32>regsvr32 c:\windows\syswow64\mscomm32.ocx

C:\windows\system32>regsvr32 c:\windows\syswow64\comdlg32.ocx

C:\windows\system32>regsvr32 c:\windows\syswow64\MSCOMCTL.OCX

C:\windows\system32>regsvr32 c:\windows\syswow64\msvbvm60.dll

C:\windows\system32>

Hello Everyone,

So, two month ago, I bought a used facelifted Ford C-Max Ghia, 2007, 1.6 VCT, petrol, approx 32.000 miles on the clock.

I tried ELMConfig. I have a question, This car, has a newer software? Thanks.

iZO2EApl.jpg?1

Hello,

If anyone is interested in a modified Elm 327 cable and don't fancy doing one yourself, I do sell them ready to use with all the software, normally £18 but for FOC members I will let you have one for £16 that includes free 1st class P&P.

If anyone is interested in one just send me a personal message. If any member(s) living aboard wants one just ask me for shipping costs in your private message.

Cheers

Mad Dog.

I sent you a PM yesterday....i would be interested in one of these cables please

• Like 1

Hey guys, sorry to be a tool, I'm just a bit confused about this whole thing..

I've got the working cable - courtesy of James (Jeebo) and a few links most of which I've downloaded.. I'm just not entirely sure on what step is first :/

Very confuzzled :blink:

As I understand, you need to install software on laptop and connect cable to laptop inside your car to run it the software. Then first you need to do to save current setting on each page of software and then you can start to make changes. Hope this help

• Like 1

It sort of helps, only problem I have is that I've downloaded about 10 different things and I don't know what to start with :/

Ok guys, so I've understood that ELMconfig is the way forward with changing a few things and Forscan is good for diagnostics etc?

I'm just not sure how to work it.. I run it and I get a small window:

Language - English obviously..

Driver - (V)CP or FTDI D2XX ???

Then:

Port

Baudrate - autoselect

Connection

That's only the first window.. not sure where to start :lol:

Just tried it with the cable I got from Mad-Dog.........works a treat :D

The FF2 error codes just throws up a load of weirdness tho.

Turned on door locks when driving and radio on the dash.

Can't do eco mode on my Focus....at least nothing showed up when I went through the car menu.

Am I able to set the time on the cluster with the ELM software?

Had the battery disconnected today and as I've got a non-standard headunit I've no way of setting the time shown on the cluster now :unsure:

It is a known problem of the Focus MK2 that the date/ time can not be set/changed if an aftermarket radio is installed. It is not possible to change the date/time directly with ELMconfig.

However there is a workarround for this problem. With the ELMconfig software you can temporarily activate the "Fuel Fired Heater" function on the instrument cluster. Selecting this option will make the Fuel Fired Heater menu appear on the settings menu of the instrument cluster. In the Fuel Fired Heater menu there is an option to change the date/ time. Afterwards the Fuel Fired Heater menu should be deactivated again to avond other problems.

• Like 2

Thanks loads mate that's ideal for me getting the clocks back matched up again.

Cheers :D

As it happens I accidentally found another way to reset the time on the cluster - unplugged mine today while I was doing a job in the dash and when I plugged it back in I was prompted to enter the date and time.

Sorted :)

hello

I want to fit cruise control to my focus 1.6 ti-vct 115ps.

This topic have almost 2.100 posts (and i make it bigger). I have reading this topic for 3 hours yesterday and other 2 today (my english is bad) and i am lost

Can someone tell me which posts i have to read to understand what to do with the elmconfing software?

and fist of all i want to buy from eBay the elm327 cable how can i understand which elm327 cable supports this software.

I ask eBay sellers about the chip and i had 2 responses. the first one is using 25K80 chip and the second 340 chip.

Is anyone from this chips ok?

thank you

Anybody, can help me?
In this list: http://civil.iffc.ru/ELMConfig/pcm_frw.htm have a newer firmware for my car?
The actual firmware on the below picture.
I have a little hesitation sometimes when the engine is cold (only if cold, and only 3-4 minutes after morning start the cold engine), I replaced plugs, leads and coil (original ford factory parts), but I still feel a little hesitation sometimes.
When start the cold engine, the idlle rev always fluctuate a little. VIDEO, but it appears the desired rpm chart below.
As the engine warms, the rev rpm stable, no fluctuate.
I think, if have a newer software for my car, then possibly solve the problem.
Cold start chart engine coolant temp and desired rpm: http://1drv.ms/1AAwrGC
** Update ** ForScan afternoon log, more data: http://1drv.ms/1pj6PeN
Thanks!

Hello Everyone,

So, two month ago, I bought a used facelifted Ford C-Max Ghia, 2007, 1.6 VCT (115PS), petrol, approx 32.000 miles on the clock.

I tried ELMConfig. I have a question, This car, has a newer software? Thanks.

iZO2EApl.jpg?1

** Update **

The correct actual factory firmware number. Has a newer firmware for this car? Thanks!

aWUlnS8.png