Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Cars "features" According To Etis.

DJ_Andy_M

Some features I'm supposed to have, and I have some questions....

It says Flip key, I never got one of those! Got the old crappy style ones.

ICE feature pack 20.... what is it and whats included?

Auto headlamps.... I got those too.... but there is no "AUTO" on my headlamp switch.

Also, how does the perimeter antitheft work?

----

Saarlouis Plant Built

Security Lock Group No.4

With Convenience Group

'Zetec'

Power Front Windows One Touch Down

With Manual Rear Windows

With Tinted Glass All Round

With Heated Windscreen

With Short Floor Console

Int Env Colour - Medium Dark Flint

Interior Feature Colour - Ebony

With Load Floor Carpet

With Dipping Rear View Mirror

Dual Power Htd Signal Mirrors

With Rear Center Head Restraint

With Drivers Manual Lumbar Support

With Driver 4 Way Mnl.Seat Adjuster

With Pass 2 Way Manual Seat Adjust

Ignition Flip Key With Remote Unit

With Door Dead Locks

With Door Entry Remote Control Unit

With Variable Intermittent Windscreen wiper

With Heated Washer Jet

Air Crtn Rstrnt LH

With Driver Air Bag

With Passenger Air Bag

With Side Air Bag - Drivers Side

With Side Air Bag - Passenger Side

With Mini Steel Spare Wheel

With Standard Rear Shock Absorbers

7.0 X 16" Alloy Road Wheel

205/55VR-16 BSW Tyre

Locking Wheel Nuts

Stage IV + DPF Emissions

With Handling Suspension

With Rear Disc Brakes

With Brake Emergency Assist

With IVD/Traction Control/ABS

Sports Front Seat

With Fixed Foot Pedals

Steering Wheel - 3 Spoke Leather

With Supplemental Air Heater

With Perimeter Anti-Theft

With A/V Jack

ICE-Low Level CD + AM/FM Radio

ICE Feature Pack 20

With 6 Speakers

With Column Stalk Radio Controls

With Auto Headlamps

With Halogen Headlamp

With Front Fog Lamps

With Black Headlamp Bezels

Tail lamps - Level 1

My car comes up as auto headlights too but definitely not fitted to it.

same as stoney ..everything else is correct apart from the auto light feature..my fiesta has them so i know what i should be looking for

it may mean the wiring is there for the autolights i cant get that info from ford etis sob tried but i dont get a list just basic build date etc

etis is not accurate and doesn't list all the options, just take it as a guide.

Im not sure how accurate Etis is. Theres a huge variety of spec between Zetec models and it does not always seem accurate.

Anyone know what "With Handling Suspension" in the list means. I have a 2010 Zetec and mine says "Standard suspension". Seems like they dropped the handling suspension (whatever it is) on the 2010 models. Mine also does not say Zetec in the list.

As a comparison mine is below

Saarlouis Plant Built

Security Lock Group No.4

With Convenience Group

Colour SIP

With Manual Rear Windows

With Heated Windscreen

With Console Ashtray

With Short Floor Console

With Load Floor Carpet

With Rear Spoiler

With Second Remote Ign Flip Key

With Door Dead Locks

With Variable Intermittent Windscreen wiper

With Heated Washer Jet

Air Crtn Rstrnt LH

With Driver Air Bag

With Passenger Air Bag

With Steel Spare Wheel

205/55VR-16 BSW Tyre

Locking Wheel Nuts

Standard Electric Starter Motor

With Standard Suspension

With Rear Drum Brakes

Sports Front Seat

With Fixed Foot Pedals

With 6 Speakers

With Auto Headlamps

With Halogen Headlamp

With Front Fog Lamps

Tail lamps - Level 1

Im not sure how accurate Etis is. Theres a huge variety of spec between Zetec models and it does not always seem accurate.

Anyone know what "With Handling Suspension" in the list means. I have a 2010 Zetec and mine says "Standard suspension". Seems like they dropped the handling suspension (whatever it is) on the 2010 models. Mine also does not say Zetec in the list.

As a comparison mine is below

Saarlouis Plant Built

Security Lock Group No.4

With Convenience Group

Colour SIP

With Manual Rear Windows

With Heated Windscreen

With Console Ashtray

With Short Floor Console

With Load Floor Carpet

With Rear Spoiler

With Second Remote Ign Flip Key

With Door Dead Locks

With Variable Intermittent Windscreen Wiper

With Heated Washer Jet

Air Crtn Rstrnt LH

With Driver Air Bag

With Passenger Air Bag

With Steel Spare Wheel

205/55VR-16 BSW Tyre

Locking Wheel Nuts

Standard Electric Starter Motor

With Standard Suspension

With Rear Drum Brakes

Sports Front Seat

With Fixed Foot Pedals

With 6 Speakers

With Auto Headlamps

With Halogen Headlamp

With Front Fog Lamps

Tail lamps - Level 1

On the menus, do you have a steering option?

On mine I have a sub menu for Steering which gives three options.... Standard, Comfort and Sport. Haven't had a play, but Sport makes the steering very heavy!

On mine I have a sub menu for Steering which gives three options.... Standard, Comfort and Sport. Haven't had a play, but Sport makes the steering very heavy!

Just set my steering to "comfort" due to some toe rag getting too stroppy and trying to break my arm off, the joys of dealing with some hooligans. :o

Hope he came off worse mate.

Hope he came off worse mate.

Yep! :D

Yep! :D

Good effort Officer :)

Auto headlights? When it gets dark I turn 'em on. I notice my neighbours Lexus lights comes on if a cloud comes over but then he did pay over £23k!!

I cant find any setting like that in the menu only can see ESP. Do you know where it is? Is your car pre 2010? Mine is 2010.

May be why mine says standard suspension rather than handling? Seems cheeky if i'm right.

as said zetec has as standard stiffer springs the other option has electro hydraulic steering. the stiffer springs are a standard zetec feature but they used to be termed as sport suspension

Thanks yep I think your right. I dont have Steering menu option,so must be stiffer springs "sport suspension".

Any idea which is better? electro hydraulic steering or stiffer springs "sports suspension"? I guess it does not make much difference?

Thanks yep I think your right. I dont have Steering menu option,so must be stiffer springs "sport suspension".

Any idea which is better? electro hydraulic steering or stiffer springs "sports suspension"? I guess it does not make much difference?

Steering and suspension are two totally different things, stiffer springs just give a firmer ride, and with the right setup can aid with road handling.... The hydro steering gives 3 different settings for firmness of turning the wheel. As stated earlier the sport mode makes the steering heavier, as when traveling at speed this would be better, making the car feel firmer and less twitchy. Weather hydro steering or stiffer springs, they all seem pointless to me unless its in a ST model, and even then if your within the speed limits, you'd very rarely need them.

ide disagree having driven an lx model it has standard springs very bouncy in the corners the zetec stiffer springs arent so you can take corners with more speed and confidence knowing it wont bounce over the road at the slightest bump mid bend, the car is more planted less bounce and more confident .until you drive both right after each other you dont realise the difference it makes

I cant find any setting like that in the menu only can see ESP. Do you know where it is? Is your car pre 2010? Mine is 2010.

May be why mine says standard suspension rather than handling? Seems cheeky if i'm right.

Make sure you're stationary when you do it too otherwise you won't see it ;)

I definatley dont have the steering option. So i dont have the hydro steering i guess? I cant work out what part of etis refers to this for cars that do?

As far as i am aware standard suspension on the zetec is stiffer springs. Listed as "standard" suspension on etis. Although the titaniums also have "standard" suspension as per etis but this means softer sprung because its a titanium?

Though that still makes me wonder what "handling" suspension means on etis? Because some zetecs seem yo have this listed

• 2 weeks later...

handling suspension is part of the sports pack that ford done along with tints and the next size up alloys, it was stiffer and slightly lower than the normal zetec ones

The steering settings you will only see if you car has electronic steering I believe it was only fitted to 1.8 upward petrols and diesel's no matter what trim level you had. If you have power steering fluid under the bonnet you dont have electronic powered steerin.

The auto lights seam to be on every car on etis i believe its cause all the cars are wired but no senors and not enabled. it will say "With Automatic Headlamp Control" if you have auto head lights.

Mine is a Zetec; no sport pack, and according to Etis has 'Handling suspension'. Have to say, one of the first things I thought when I drove the Focus (have only ever driven Zetecs) is that it seemed to have pretty firm handling, which took a bit of getting used to, but now anything else I drive feels rubbish!

handling suspension is part of the sports pack that ford done along with tints and the next size up alloys, it was stiffer and slightly lower than the normal zetec ones

The steering settings you will only see if you car has electronic steering I believe it was only fitted to 1.8 upward petrols and diesel's no matter what trim level you had. If you have power steering fluid under the bonnet you dont have electronic powered steerin.

The auto lights seam to be on every car on etis i believe its cause all the cars are wired but no senors and not enabled. it will say "With Automatic Headlamp Control" if you have auto head lights.

What you just stated there about steering is clearly very wrong. I have 1.6 zetec, and I have steering fluid, but I have steering options in the menus, and they do make a difference on which one I choose.

Mine is a Zetec; no sport pack, and according to Etis has 'Handling suspension'. Have to say, one of the first things I thought when I drove the Focus (have only ever driven Zetecs) is that it seemed to have pretty firm handling, which took a bit of getting used to, but now anything else I drive feels rubbish!

Thanks this is exactly why I am so confused. I am therefore guessing yours is an 2008, 2009 model with the black vinyl stripes in the backs of the seats?

I had an 2008 model 1.6 Focus Zetec (had the stripes on the seats and standards wheels not sports pack and said "handling suspension" on Etis). Does that mean it had lowered stiffened suspension? I had to have replaced by the dealer as it had major fault.

This was replaced with a 2010 1.6 Zetec (no stripes on seats and no handling suspension according to Etis. Therefore not lowered and stiffened and essentially downgraded suspension?). From what I can see the only mark 2.5 model Zetec's that have handling suspension from 2010 onwards are the sports pack edition Zetecs with the larger alloys blackened windows and striped backed seats.)

This made me think that Ford basically downgraded the suspension on the standard Zetec from 2010 onwards to "standard". Which would make a Zetec not much of an updgrade on the model below. Anyone else agree?

Artscot79 explained in my other post that Zetecs have stiffer springs as standard compared to other Focus ie "standard" suspension. So I am kinda lost what the handling suspension was on the 2008, 2009 mark 2.5 spec Zetecs?

Anyone know the difference?

As for the steering setting I dont have that either. So I am thinking I kinda lost out with this 2010 model Zetec I have. Anyone have any ideas?

thanks.

Thanks this is exactly why I am so confused. I am therefore guessing yours is an 2008, 2009 model with the black vinyl stripes in the backs of the seats?

I had an 2008 model 1.6 Focus Zetec (had the stripes on the seats and standards wheels not sports pack and said "handling suspension" on Etis). Does that mean it had lowered stiffened suspension? I had to have replaced by the dealer as it had major fault.

This was replaced with a 2010 1.6 Zetec (no stripes on seats and no handling suspension according to Etis. Therefore not lowered and stiffened and essentially downgraded suspension?). From what I can see the only mark 2.5 model Zetec's that have handling suspension from 2010 onwards are the sports pack edition Zetecs with the larger alloys blackened windows and striped backed seats.)

This made me think that Ford basically downgraded the suspension on the standard Zetec from 2010 onwards to "standard". Which would make a Zetec not much of an updgrade on the model below. Anyone else agree?

Artscot79 explained in my other post that Zetecs have stiffer springs as standard compared to other Focus ie "standard" suspension. So I am kinda lost what the handling suspension was on the 2008, 2009 mark 2.5 spec Zetecs?

Anyone know the difference?

As for the steering setting I dont have that either. So I am thinking I kinda lost out with this 2010 model Zetec I have. Anyone have any ideas?

thanks.

Yep, mine is registered December 2008, so 2008/2009 like you say, with the black stripes on the seats. Didn't really like them at first but I don't really notice them now! From what I've read, I'm under the impression that "handling suspension" does indeed mean it's stiffer. I'm guessing that if Etis says "standard suspension" then it does mean that the newer Zetec models don't have it as "standard". That does suck quite a lot, although I can see why Ford thought they were missing a trick!

Regarding the steering settings, I'm not sure, as from what I can gather all the diesels seem to have the option to change it. Only driven two, and they've both been diesel and had the settings.

Hope you get to the bottom of this, although it sounds as though you already have :(

Jon

Edit: forgot to ask, does the new car feel "less stiff" than the old one?

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, mine is registered December 2008, so 2008/2009 like you say, with the black stripes on the seats. Didn't really like them at first but I don't really notice them now! From what I've read, I'm under the impression that "handling suspension" does indeed mean it's stiffer. I'm guessing that if Etis says "standard suspension" then it does mean that the newer Zetec models don't have it as "standard". That does suck quite a lot, although I can see why Ford thought they were missing a trick!

Regarding the steering settings, I'm not sure, as from what I can gather all the diesels seem to have the option to change it. Only driven two, and they've both been diesel and had the settings.

Hope you get to the bottom of this, although it sounds as though you already have :(

Jon

Edit: forgot to ask, does the new car feel "less stiff" than the old one?

Yep I think I have basically it seems like you say handling suspension is no longer included unless you get the sports upgrade.

In terms of stiffness I think it is a bit softer. Although between the 2008 focus and 2010 Focus I drove several Fiesta's so cant be certain. But I do have a memory of thinking that it was softer and smoother first time I drove this 2010 version. Still handles and stays quite flat in the corner, but I do get a bit of roll at speeds and it leans slightly.

How does yours handle in corners does it stay completly flat even at speed?

Looks like ive basically gotten to the bottom of it as you say

Thanks

R