Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Car. Just Recently Started To Improve The Looks. Heres What Ive Done So Far. Any Other Ideas What I Can Do Will Be Appreciated.

Ash88lfc

post-26411-0-11750500-1338339743_thumb.j

Used chrome tape detailing on fog light surrounds. Also changed grill from standard one.

post-26411-0-73185500-1338339924_thumb.j

Changed climate controls to go with stereo toggle and facia. seen a lot of people on here have the more black dial ones, these are the other way round chrome with black circle.

post-26411-0-89721900-1338340229_thumb.j

Was a bit unsure of this one at first but think its look rather good :)

post-26411-0-34608900-1338340355_thumb.j

Used the detail chrome from front on back also.

post-26411-0-54138100-1338340517_thumb.j

Also found my hidden lights on the footwells. Just ordered 2 red bulbs to go in them. Hope they look the part for it. Also again sorry, just purchased a set of ford chrome pedals. I will post pics once they fitted :)

nice touches there Ash. what else you got planned? Lenny and Pree and the modding Guru's, see their guides for more ideas.

nice touches there Ash. what else you got planned? Lenny and Pree and the modding Guru's, see their guides for more ideas.

Cheers mate. Ive been looking at lennys guide. Hi is a guru haha. I want to add the rear and front bumper spoiler tips but need get money together first.

Fair play Ash looking well. An internal option may be to put the astray fitting under the radio console so that it covers that open space. Few threads on here showing the dfference and looks well. As Sal said the lads are the gurus they have great mods done and also great guides on how to do it also another mod man would be clive his user name is Stoney871 he also has great mods and guides.

Fair play Ash looking well. An internal option may be to put the astray fitting under the radio console so that it covers that open space. Few threads on here showing the dfference and looks well. As Sal said the lads are the gurus they have great mods done and also great guides on how to do it also another mod man would be clive his user name is Stoney871 he also has great mods and guides.

Thanks for the name check. :)

I just follow where others lead. ;)

No problem Clive mate

Chees fella's. Have you got the link for the ashtray fitting mate. I did want one but tried eBay but no joy.

Thanks.

the last one on eBay went for 50 quid and 9.99 postage sorry but 60 quid for an ashtray no way

the last one on ebay went for 50 quid and 9.99 postage sorry but 60 quid for an ashtray no way

:o £50 that is more than a weeks wages for me mate,

i have found this one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-ST-ST2-CARBON-FIBRE-ASHTRAY-DASH-CONSOLE-SURROUND-/221035995202?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3376c5a042

and the car looks excellent mate, i love the colour and keep up the good work.

i love the zetec s front lower grill you have fitted too, thats the next item on my shopping list.

:o £50 that is more than a weeks wages for me mate,

i have found this one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-ST-ST2-CARBON-FIBRE-ASHTRAY-DASH-CONSOLE-SURROUND-/221035995202?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3376c5a042

and the car looks excellent mate, i love the colour and keep up the good work.

i love the zetec s front lower grill you have fitted too, thats the next item on my shopping list.

Thanks Lenny. Don't suppose you or anybody has a guide on painting my brake calipers? Just bought some red paint today. Whipped my alloy off to have a look but wasn't sure on next step haa. Didnt know too take clipboff or not or if it even comes off? Should of researched it first. Never mind. Can do tomoz if get a guide or help. Thanks.

Thanks Lenny. Don't suppose you or anybody has a guide on painting my brake calipers? Just bought some red paint today. Whipped my alloy off to have a look but wasn't sure on next step haa. Didnt know too take clipboff or not or if it even comes off? Should of researched it first. Never mind. Can do tomoz if get a guide or help. Thanks.

sorry mate,

i have done it on my last two cars but i have yet to do it on the focus,

i used foliatec two part paint basically mix the hardener to the paint ant put it on the calipers but mask up the rubber bleed nipples and put some newspaper on the ground while painting,

i have painted the rear drums with hammeride smooth silver on the focus when i bought it in september 2010 and its still as good as ever though,

just masked the area around the bolts and painted them up,

but when i eventually get around to painting the calipers i will do a guide but i would prefer to take them off this time and paint them rather than leaving them in place,

and if you search eBay you can get some heat resistant vynil decals in various colours,

i had some Brembo decals on red painted calipers in the starlet lol people thought they were really Brembo brakes.

Picture011.jpg

ha love the decal job. will try this one. When you say about the rubber bleed nipples masking up. what do you mean mate?

Im going doing mine in the next week or so, I am after getting dayglo orange for my calipers, i will take a few pucs when I am doing it and I will put it up as a guide.

ha love the decal job. will try this one. When you say about the rubber bleed nipples masking up. what do you mean mate?

their are little black rubber caps that cover the bleed nipple on the caliper and if you paint them they may become hard to remove in the event of changing the brake fluid or bleeding air from the system,

just cover them with some masking tape when you are painting, you will see them on the inside area of the caliper the area close to the suspension strut.

Finally doe the calipers now. Think im going to touch them up more after i get new brake pads. What do you think, Done your trick Lenny ;) look at my Brembo calipers haha. Got a parcel of things coming from tomoro. Damn you bank holidays ha. Will upload once done :)

post-26411-0-43362700-1338911708_thumb.j

Finally doe the calipers now. Think im going to touch them up more after i get new brake pads. What do you think, Done your trick Lenny ;) look at my brembo calipers haha. Got a parcel of things coming from tomoro. Damn you bank holidays ha. Will upload once done :)

post-26411-0-43362700-1338911708_thumb.j

Nice one mate,

looks really good and those Brembo brakes must have cost you well over a thousand pounds, perticuarlly when they are rolling at 5mph or 10mph icon_cool2.gif

when i had the starlet and the Brembo decals on the red calipers, i left the car in to an alarm installer's garage for two days to get an auto engine start alarm fitted, and when i went to collect it he really thought they were proper Brembo brakes fitted to the car,

he told me that he took the car for a drive and could really feel the difference in the braking compared to a regular starlet wag.gif

then he asked me how much did the calipers and discs cost and i said i got them on special for 1,200 lol

such a difference some paint and decals can make to the apperance and peoples perceptions :D

some cross drilled discs would finish the look off nicely too mate, but id get the use out of your existing ones before id consider purchasing a new set.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-MKII-1-8-TDCi-4-05-on-278MM-Drilled-Grooved-Sport-FRONT-Brake-Discs-/350529557382?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Cars+Year%3A2008%7CModel%3AFocus&hash=item519d309386

• 1 month later...

Some new mods applied. Please give reviews on the front grill chrome detail i have done. Im unsure on it. I seen it on a thread a while ago, i think they have them in america custom like this. Thoughts please, should i get rid or keep?

New spoiler fitted :D

post-26411-0-93500600-1342131381_thumb.j

post-26411-0-61602500-1342131417_thumb.j

New chrome peddles effect

post-26411-0-38991400-1342131346_thumb.j

Scuff sills for all four doors done,

post-26411-0-43692000-1342131455_thumb.j

post-26411-0-89863000-1342131491_thumb.j

Chrome grill detail im unsure about,

post-26411-0-15820200-1342131524_thumb.j

post-26411-0-87869800-1342131554_thumb.j

post-26411-0-71761500-1342131588_thumb.j

Also got footwell lights (red). will get a pic up when can.

Some new mods applied. Please give reviews on the front grill chrome detail i have done. Im unsure on it. I seen it on a thread a while ago, i think they have them in america custom like this. Thoughts please, should i get rid or keep?

New spoiler fitted :D

post-26411-0-93500600-1342131381_thumb.j

post-26411-0-61602500-1342131417_thumb.j

New chrome peddles effect

Also got footwell lights (red). will get a pic up when can.

Looks good mate,

i like the chrime pedals and the rear spoiler looks better coloir coded and coming over the top of the rear lights much like the st one. hope you put some silicone along the area while you were their,

the top of the boot glass seal can wear away over time and allow water in their, its a common fault in the mk2 and mk2.5 so we advise anyone removing the rear spoiler to apply some silicone in to the grommets while your their anyway, as a preventive action resulting in it never happening to you.

Some new pics of car. Put 4 Team Heko wind deflectors on. They look quality i must say, i just desperately need get my window tints done.

post-26411-0-85174100-1342650364_thumb.j

post-26411-0-69031000-1342650421_thumb.j

post-26411-0-69698400-1342650455_thumb.j

post-26411-0-62889300-1342650494_thumb.j

post-26411-0-02424400-1342650527_thumb.j

post-26411-0-39017200-1342650562_thumb.j

Im deffo getting me a set of them deflectors. Look smashin, car looks nice!

They look good mate, may have to grab a set!

• 2 months later...

hi mate how much did the wind deflectors cost?

Here in Thailand nearly every other car has plastic/fibre covers for the brake callipers in many different colours and with varius name already printed on them. Obviously Brembo is the most sold and they cost next to nothing here. They look very effective and not too tacky.

The only drawback I can see is they might cause the brake to get a bit hotter and maybe collect dust?

Are they not available in UK?