• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • Name: Harrison
  • Ford Model: KA Mk2 + Audi A5 Cabriolet
  • Year: 2009
Contributor

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

why is the wash system so important on hid? i dont understand how it is more important than other lights?
cheers

Don't know if you have looked up close at a car with factory Xenon headlights but you will notice it projects the beam pattern onto the plastic cover of the headlight and the more dust/dirt that gets on there from the road the more obvious it is that you can see the pattern as it stops the projector from working as efficiently and causes other drivers to get distracted. I have noticed this driving around with the Xenon lights in and have resorted to giving them a spray of glass cleaner every other day or so. I really need to get the washers sorted soon as this is really annoying

As for the light units I really don't like halo ones :/ personal thing as I hate seeing BMW's right up your rear ^_^ just generally think too many chavy corsas etc... with them on. The first ones look better imho. But everyone to their own :)

Edited by Lenny, 28 January 2013 - 11:34 AM.
Swearing replaced with more approiate content,please read your text prior to posting

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#392 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,408 posts
  • Name: Charlie
  • Ford Model: Focus Ghia 1.6 115BHP
  • Year: 2005
Contributor

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:22 PM

Like i said previously haz mate, the halo ones are like bmw yes but the other ones are audi.

So i gotta make a choice about which i hate less out of the 2 germans lol.

Must say i dont get that many bmw's behind me, it is mainly audi's up me rear bumper.

Like today driving round in a residential 30 zone durin the day, i had an audi tailgating me for ages, and to add insult to injury it had the exact shape of drl's as the first head lights i linked

Edited by Lenny, 25 January 2013 - 06:36 PM.
Swearing replaced with more approiate content, please read your text prior to posting on the open forum.

#393 Haz93

Haz93

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • Name: Harrison
  • Ford Model: KA Mk2 + Audi A5 Cabriolet
  • Year: 2009
Contributor

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

Like i said previously haz mate, the halo ones are like bmw yes but the other ones are audi.

So i gotta make a choice about which i hate less out of the 2 germans lol.

Must say i dont get that many bmw's behind me, it is mainly audi's up me rear bumper.

Like today driving round in a residential 30 zone durin the day, i had an audi tailgating me for ages, and to add insult to injury it had the exact shape of drl's as the first head lights i linked

Yeah I see your point mate :)

Think I have a sweet spot for Audi's though, as in to look at and drool over the RS models.
Think the designs are much more sleek than BMW's plus I know a few people with BMs who had them, say they are crap to drive etc.

I am not saying I like the way people drive either of them as especially Audi drivers get way to offensive when driving. personally for me its how a car looks not the people that drive them.
you could always go for one that is a mix of both :)

http://compare.ebay....&var=sbar&cbt=y

Edited by Lenny, 28 January 2013 - 11:32 AM.
Swearing replaced with more approiate content,please read your text prior to posting

#394 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,408 posts
Contributor

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:26 PM

Was lookin at them from a UK company but they only had them for LHD cars :wacko:

Whats everyone think to these?

#395 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 14,990 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:12 AM

BMW drivers used to be the looney's on the road but as many company cars are now Audi's you're more likely to be annoyed by them nowadays.
I work with a guy that owns an A3 and he is a true looney (traffic cop). :P

Edited by Lenny, 25 January 2013 - 06:40 PM.
Swearing replaced with more approiate content, please read your text prior to posting on the open forum.

#396 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,408 posts
Contributor

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:19 AM

I remember em sayin on topgear how all the looney's that used to drive M3's have now migrated over to audi

Edited by Lenny, 25 January 2013 - 06:42 PM.

#397 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,408 posts
Contributor

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

little update

finally got round to ordering the halo head lights :P

didn't realize they was coming from germany though :blink: so god knows when they'll turn up <_<

#398 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 14,990 posts
Contributor

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:40 PM

They'll probably go via Poland. ;)

#399 k13r4n

k13r4n

Too much time on the boards

• FOC Supporters
  • 726 posts
  • Name: kieran
  • Ford Model: MK7 Fiesta Metal
  • Year: 2011

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:58 PM

Don't know if you have looked up close at a car with factory Xenon headlights but you will notice it projects the beam pattern onto the plastic cover of the headlight and the more dust/dirt that gets on there from the road the more obvious it is that you can see the pattern as it stops the projector from working as efficiently and causes other drivers to get distracted. I have noticed this driving around with the Xenon lights in and have resorted to giving them a spray of glass cleaner every other day or so. I really need to get the washers sorted soon as this is really annoying

As for the light units I really don't like halo ones :/ personal thing as I hate seeing BMW's right up your rear ^_^ just generally think too many chavy corsas etc... with them on. The first ones look better imho. But everyone to their own :)

Ha you say Chavy corsas just after Charlie put this idea up I was inspired to get some angel eyes too but saw a corsa and thought na would rather copy you when your xenon conversion is complete

#400 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,408 posts
Contributor

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:40 AM

Ha you say Chavy corsas just after Charlie put this idea up I was inspired to get some angel eyes too but saw a corsa and thought na would rather copy you when your xenon conversion is complete

Don't get me wrong mate, i hate halo headlights for that exact reason lol

Chavy corsas sums it right up and i always said i'd never get em

The ones i've ordered however are literally the only exception

Looking at em they really do look near enough oem and do look very close to stock ST head lights so for that reason i'm happy with em

At first glances when I first saw em i thought they actually was the ST's

#401 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,408 posts
Contributor

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:56 PM

not much of an update but i've kinda had some bad news

just got an email about me head lights saying that they arent in stock and that they have no idea when they will be. even though they took me money n appear to of charged me for delivery twice.

so now i'm about 160quid out of pocket with no idea when they'll eventually turn up :angry:

#402 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 14,990 posts
Contributor

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:37 AM

Get a full refund mate.

#403 gforce

gforce

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts
  • Name: Gary
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST
  • Year: Non

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

Absolutely hate when this happens! Happened me last week, all be it on a far smaller scale for a ten pound pollen filter, but really grates my cheese when they advertise stuff, take your money, then a few days later tell you it aint in stock. It's like a short-term loan service but we buyers can't apply the scandalous interest rates!

Hope it gets sorted for you soon mate. Maybe even push for a partial refund for the inconvenience if you're happy enough to wait another while for them.

#404 GSM

GSM

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Name: Garrie
  • Ford Model: Focus Ghia 1.6 (100PS)
  • Year: 2006

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:01 AM

Happened to me last week with a £150 hifi. They took 5 days just to tell me my order wasn't in stock and wouldn't be until the end of February. Told them I needed it NOW for some fake event I made up and tried to get them to come down in price on the next model up that WAS in stock.

They weren't having it, just cancelled my order, and the annoying thing is that because the order was cancelled, I couldn't even leave them bad feedback!

Edited by Stoney871, 04 February 2013 - 04:43 PM.
rude words

#405 gforce

gforce

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts
  • Name: Gary
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST
  • Year: Non

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:15 AM

... and the annoying thing is that because the order was cancelled, I couldn't even leave them bad feedback!

Exactly mate! It's happened me a few times and it makes my blood boil. I gave the seller a bit of a mouthful about how disappointing and unprofessional it is blah blah blah, but they can be as smug as they like knowing we can't leave the dreaded negative feedback anyway!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users