Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Ford Focus

PaulB8869

Hey guys I'm new to this so figure I'd say hi and to show my Zetec S.

I haven't done anything to the car as yet as I've only had it like 2 months but I'm planning on getting twin exhausts on her at some point this week all going well with a few more customs in the pipeline. Hope you like it I know I love it. Any suggestions on upgrades and what you guys have done to yours would be massively appreciated :) post-35672-0-47490500-1343686640_thumb.p post-35672-0-83304000-1343686669_thumb.p

Hi paul welcome to the forum,

your focus is looking good mate, please see my list of guides below this post, most of them are available in PDF format for you to download and print without the comments attached, making them easier to follow.

also check the focus guides section of the forum for more excellent easy to follow guides.

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/forum/78-ford-focus-guides/

Thanks mate I'll be sure to do that. Looking forward to seeing what you guys have done to yours and get some inspiration myself

Hiya mate,

Welcome :) a few of us guys have the Zetec S, so have a look in our progress threads and get a thread up of your car too!

Welcome again dude :)

Welcome another Zetec S owner, Be sure check out the lads guides to nice subtle mods like Lenny said. Theres some smart blokes on here so don't be afraid ask. Look forward to seeing your car go through a transformation.

Check out previous threads for inspiration and just feel free ask we don't bite!

Nooo pal just a build section then life would be much easier!

Thanks guys. Really good to see all you Zetec S owners as the car deserves a lot more credit than it gets. And I'll be sure to look at the guides. Thinking of the st front grill after my exhausts. Can only get them done next week now :( but gunna be lookin at some mods while I wait

I purchased the front upper ST grill and it makes loads of difference in my eyes - check out my topic youl see.

Thanks for the info from Lenny, you cant change the front main grill to ST one as it wont fit, youl need an ST bumper or even you could cut it out and make it fit like someones done previously.

Yeah I can see the difference it makes from your pictures. I'm definitely looking into getting it, wether or not I'll cut it to size or get the ST bumper. I'm not too good at cutting. Just a quick question.. I have a square mark on my boot, possibly where a vinyl or a decal has been and it's left the sticky stuff behind when it's been pulled off, what's the safest most effective way of gettin that off without ruining my paint work?

Iv previously sprayed WD40 on a patch, let it absorb for 3 minutes then lighty rubbed off with a cloth, even your nail could do it. Theres many other solvents people use.

you cant change the front main grill to ST one as it wont fit, youl need an ST bumper or even you could cut it out and make it fit like someones done previously.

id like to see some pictures of the st lower grill fitted in to a mk2.5 bumper that has been cut to allow the grill to sit in to it,

i cant imagine the results being good to be honest, the curve of the mk2.5 bumper is different and i cant see it going smoothly,

but as previously said,

the st bumper is a straight swap and anyone who has a mk2.5 zetec s already has the st side skirts and rear spoiler fitted to their car, so a st replica would just require the front and rear bumpers. in regards to the body work.

so a st replica would just require the front and rear bumpers. in regards to the body work.

Even though the Zetec S rear looks better than the ST :P

I much prefer the Zetec S rear bumper. Has a lot more goin for it. It's made for a single exhaust on either side. Found some I like, be getting fitted next week. I'll get some pictures done before and after see what you guys think

I much prefer the Zetec S rear bumper. Has a lot more goin for it. It's made for a single exhaust on either side. Found some I like, be getting fitted next week. I'll get some pictures done before and after see what you guys think

What you going for mate? any links?

I fancy this kind of thing but it's just the cash to be honest.

What you going for mate? any links?

I fancy this kind of thing but it's just the cash to be honest.

The cash for the exhaust then stumping up again for the insurance!!

http://danmarcustomexhausts.co.uk/styles.html

This guys done some work on my brothers mates BMW. Looks and sounds amazing. My first 2 choice of styles are either 6 or 28, but looking at 30 as an outside pick. Going for those as they come up at an angle like the RS, and would suit the Zetec S rear bumper. Will decide when I get there and see them up close on the car :) yeah costing me an arm and a leg but I'm happy to skint myself till next payday :P

The cash for the exhaust then stumping up again for the insurance!!

Rang insurance today. Will cost me £29 extra for the year :)

Rang insurance today. Will cost me £29 extra for the year :)

Stood corrected.

How old are you?

23 was quite surprised at how low it was as well. I was expecting something nearer £100 but wasn't prepared to pay that much on top of my premium

Didn't realise your in my neck of the woods Paul! Let me know how you get on with those guys, I would be up for getting something myself!

Yeah I'll be sure to do that mate. Pictures will be up and how much it costs. From what I've seen on my brothers mates BMW its a top notch job. So like a kid at Christmas waiting for these to get fitted. Aye yeah only about 15 miles up road from me

Lenny and others.. Will find and post up pictures of ST grill cut to fit Zetec tomorrow when i get on my laptop. It looks not bad to be honest. Shall return - with proof.

Lenny and others.. Will find and post up pictures of ST grill cut to fit Zetec tomorrow when i get on my laptop. It looks not bad to be honest. Shall return - with proof.

I believe you mate,

i just think it would be a very difficult job to do and the results could look like a DIY job.

and now the st bumper in brand new primed condition from ford is cheaper than a brand new zetec s lip so the st bumper would be cheaper.