Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alloy Wheels - Auto Express Everyone Who Has Had Buckled Wheels Read This.

antman99

Hi All,

Sorry to start a new topic but it seemed more appropriate that replying to the other.

Some of you may know I have been one of the many of you who have had buckled alloys, like most of you I have tried everything from Dealership to CEO.

After all failed I decided to contact Auto Express, I did not expect a response from them however a few days later I had a phone call from a lady who does work for them.

After discussing with her on the phone and after what she had read on multiple forums they had decided it was a large enough issue to cover in the magazine.

So last week I had a photographer come out and take photos of me with my Wilma (the car obviously!).

Ford have now got back to her and although I have not seen the full response the summary is that they do acknowledge many people are having issues but they don't care and won't do anything about it.

I believe that the story is going to be in tomorrow's edition but please no taking the mick over the photos as I really do hate my photo being taken but I was doing it to try and get something for everyone that has had the issue.

So with the fact Ford don't even care about their reputation being potentially damaged I have decided that I would let all of you guys know about the situation.

My advice, which auto express have supported is to make contact with Ford, however I know how frustrating it is attempting to contact their customer relationship centre and how useless they are so for people that don't have it the phone number for the executive team is 01277 251598.

They work below the CEO and it is as far as I know the highest department in Ford Motor Company UK.

My advice is for EVERYONE who has had the issue to ring them over the next few weeks and make official complaints about the wheels, although there is only a slim chance it will make them change their mind at very best it will make them realise that they cannot fob us off and we will just sit and take it.

On a personal level this is the end of a year long battle with them, to be honest what Ford don't seem to grasp is that they have not only lost my custom but the custom of my family and friends who are now more than aware of how rubbish the wheels are and the customer service they provide. Although I am sad to say that I have not been able to achieve what I wanted which was for everyone who has been affected to be compensated I do hope that even if only a few people don't buy a Fiesta after reading the story that people will have a few less cars that are driving around on potentially dangerous wheels.

I am sure that there are some people on here that don't care and I apologise for that and Yes I do really appreciate what the Fiesta is, that being a comfortable, value for money vehicle that drives brilliantly the issue is that when something like wheels are involved I after all this time now find it impossible to forgive Ford and I would like to think I am not alone in saying that.

Auto Express also post the Watchdog stories online so I will add a link when it gets published.

Please post back what your comments are back from Ford and may I wish everyone the best of luck, if anyone gets Ford to admit anything, get it in writing and upload it for the world to see!

Just to confirm that the story is in today's issue. It does not appear to be online yet but they mention a couple of your usernames in the magazine.

Just to confirm that the story is in today's issue. It does not appear to be online yet but they mention a couple of your usernames in the magazine.

What issue are you reading? I cannot find anything in mine :(

Anthony's mug can be found in issue 1229 page 26. I received my copy today, have to say I was surprise it got coverage as it has been a long standing issue with Fiesta alloys which didn't appear to be picked up by the media.

fiestaalloys.jpg

Can't read the text in the above? Go buy a copy - available in all good newsagents :)

I too suffer with buckled 17" street pack alloys. All 4 on my 09 plate are affected. One was so bad I paid £150 to have it replaced. My only concearn is that if Ford do decide to be nice and change my alloys for a new set, if they're still made from the stuff Aardman use for Wallace then the problem will come back. Unless they change the composition of the alloys then it's almost pointless. They're obviously done to a price like the rest of the car. There is nothing wrong with it, and I have no problems at all, but I've been in better built Hyundai's! I really wanted a Kuga next year, but not anymore. This is my 3rd Ford over my 20 year driving history, my very first car was a Fiesta on an A plate. It will be my last too.

Jw, that is exactly the point that I and Auto Express made to Ford, I know the titanium 16 inch standard wheels were changed a while back I would like to hear if they have made them stronger or not. as for the ones they dont change they will never fix the weak metal issue.

• 1 year later...

Hi antman

I've already posted about it in this topic:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/33916-ford-fiesta-alloy-wheels-have-you-had-buckled-alloy-wheels-or-know-somebody-who-has-lets-get-something-done-about-it/page-4#entry310157

But I figured I'd mention it here as well... This is what happened to mine (there was no impact at the time):

post-48842-0-15993900-1386580124_thumb.j

Ford's response is that there must've been an impact, and its not their problem.

Hello!

I've never heard of this problem before. Is this problem just limited to one type of "ford" alloys or does it concern all of them?