Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Owner - Focus Zetec S '10' Plate

dt7

Like that alot! Which badges did you go for in the end?

I popped into my local ford dealer and bought 2 'S' badges for just under £15 each, so i could rest easy they would be authentic and stick. Only 1 in stock, so waiting to pick them up on Friday.

Will place front one just as in alkyz89 's picture above. The back one i think will have to go under the 'Zetec' on the right hand side, due to it looking squashed after 'Zetec'.

Can't wait to see them on.

alkyz89 - front 'S' badge looks great. Hope you don't mind me nicking your idea. :)

Will post pics on Friday with badges on.

I upgraded my grill to the ST one, hoping one of those would go on.

So, how long does it take 2 'S' badges to be delivered to a dealers? Seems like the answer is longer than a week. Went in to collect said badges today, after 7 days of waiting and they 'haven't arrived yet'. Unsure if they were actually ordered at all, but assured me they would be with me by Tuesday. All very annoying!

• 3 weeks later...

Thought that i would post some photos of a couple of the little additions I had been planning over the past few weeks. I took advantage of the first good, bright day since making the changes to take the photos.

First, the addition of 'S' badges to the front grille and the back.

post-37357-0-10019600-1352657159_thumb.j post-37357-0-24731500-1352657134_thumb.j

Pleased with the placement of the front badge. Was a little apprehensive about placing it directly to the horizontal slats of the grille, but i must say that it feels solid. Thanks for the advise above.

Back badge looks ok I think. The placement caused me a headache, I went for something slightly different, although some may agrue that it looks clustered and that it looks better debadged.

I have also added parking sensors to the back, and am pleased with the colour match of the sensors. Couldn't believe how reliant I had become on something like this until this car didn't come with rear parking sensors fitted. Thanks for guides on this also!

post-37357-0-93254800-1352657104_thumb.j

Happier now these small changes have been done but am now seriously considering carbon wrapping the front silver lip in black and changing the standard headunit for a higher quality dab headset like this:-

http://www.caraudioc...00u_p-27618.htm

Looked this morning to see if I had the bulb fixings for the footwell lights, as mentioned in other areas of the site, and was gutted to see that they weren't there in mine. That would have definately been the next thing on the list! Dead easy and dead cheap mod.

Discovering a forum like this is already mounting up to becoming a very costly habit already, but I can't resist tinkering.

Badges look good mate, so do the colour coded parking sensors.

I'd definitely carbon wrap the bonnet lip, would really set the front of the car off. Theres a guide on here on removing it, but it's basically straight forward. Just heat up the adhesive with a hairdryer and gently prize off the lip with a flat blade screwdriver.

Have you thought about wrapping any interior parts? The head unit surround for example?

Wounder about not having foot-well lights but as you say its easy to install and a few members have done it themselves. Luckily mine already had them, but I wired in rear foot-well lights in myself also so you could do this yourself at the same time as fitting the front lights.

I know what you mean about the forum becoming a costly habit and mounting up quickly, just look at all the mods listed in my signature so far and I've already got the next 3 planned and all the parts sitting ready, just need to actually get round to wiring everything in.

Thought that i would post some photos of a couple of the little additions I had been planning over the past few weeks. I took advantage of the first good, bright day since making the changes to take the photos.

First, the addition of 'S' badges to the front grille and the back.

post-37357-0-10019600-1352657159_thumb.j post-37357-0-24731500-1352657134_thumb.j

Pleased with the placement of the front badge. Was a little apprehensive about placing it directly to the horizontal slats of the grille, but i must say that it feels solid. Thanks for the advise above.

Back badge looks ok I think. The placement caused me a headache, I went for something slightly different, although some may agrue that it looks clustered and that it looks better debadged.

I have also added parking sensors to the back, and am pleased with the colour match of the sensors. Couldn't believe how reliant I had become on something like this until this car didn't come with rear parking sensors fitted. Thanks for guides on this also!

post-37357-0-93254800-1352657104_thumb.j

Happier now these small changes have been done but am now seriously considering carbon wrapping the front silver lip in black and changing the standard headunit for a higher quality dab headset like this:-

http://www.caraudioc...00u_p-27618.htm

Looked this morning to see if I had the bulb fixings for the footwell lights, as mentioned in other areas of the site, and was gutted to see that they weren't there in mine. That would have definately been the next thing on the list! Dead easy and dead cheap mod.

Discovering a forum like this is already mounting up to becoming a very costly habit already, but I can't resist tinkering.

Looks excellent mate,

I hope to have my front end looking as giod as yours in the coming weeks.

The Drl's in fog light surrounds are a very rewarding modification fir less than 100pounds and depending on your insurer can reduce your premium.

Ive done a guide on footwell lighting with links to suppliers of parts required, less than 30pounds for front and rear lighting.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for the positive comments so far.

If the weather is fine this Saturday I think I may well attempt to wrap the silver front lip. I have already bought the carbon effect wrap in black, and some replacement sticky fixers and will be using the guide from this site to remove, wrap and replace. Excited and nervous at the same time, but hopefully when it is finished it will help make the front look a little more agressive.

I have also ordered some new number plates from DMB graphics that should clean up the look of the car a bit - getting rid of the dealership name - adding the Euro stars on a blue background, 3D (look - not raised from plate) lettering and black boarders. I am thinking of sticking these rather than drilling and !Removed! them, rather than buying black plastic / carbon effect number plate surrounds.

The plates are yet to be delivered, but seemed good value as opposed to Halfrauds.

Brigante - I will see how i go wrapping the front lip before attempting some interior trim, but could be tempted to do the odd bit. My only hesitation is about leaving the buttons silver. Will they look a little odd silver and not carboned up, when everything around then is carbon wrapped? I don't know. What's your take on this?

Lenny - Loving the look of your latest mods to the front - very special. DRL's above the spots does look spot on (no pun intended) - I will have to wait to see how generous the big man in red is this Christmas time and maybe something to do in the new year.

I will try to post the results of my efforts asap.

Thanks everyone for the positive comments so far.

If the weather is fine this Saturday I think I may well attempt to wrap the silver front lip. I have already bought the carbon effect wrap in black, and some replacement sticky fixers and will be using the guide from this site to remove, wrap and replace. Excited and nervous at the same time, but hopefully when it is finished it will help make the front look a little more agressive.

Lenny - Loving the look of your latest mods to the front - very special. DRL's above the spots does look spot on (no pun intended) - I will have to wait to see how generous the big man in red is this Christmas time and maybe something to do in the new year.

I will try to post the results of my efforts asap.

Good work, doing mine this weekend also :)

Guys

When removing the bonnet lip ensure you have it well heated to loosen the glue,

Also petrol is excellent on removing the glue strip,

But dont pull too hard or yours will end up like mine lol

IMG_20121123_093844.jpg

Guys

When removing the bonnet lip ensure you have it well heated to loosen the glue,

Also petrol is excellent on removing the glue strip,

But dont pull too hard or yours will end up like mine lol

IMG_20121123_093844.jpg

Thanks for the pointers Lenny, turned out to be a real help.

All I can say is that patience is the key to heating and unsticking the lip. I found that a small wallpaper scraper worked well, rather than a flat bladed screwdriver. Your pics above sure served as a reminder and a valuable lesson in taking time and being extra careful.

Here are some pics showing the results of this weekend.

Before

post-37357-0-41636800-1353851627_thumb.j

After

post-37357-0-34960700-1353851715_thumb.j post-37357-0-91861800-1353851740_thumb.j post-37357-0-07001000-1353851777_thumb.j

I am really pleased with the result, with it being my 1st attempt at carbon wrapping and all.

My new number plates arrived on Saturday morning so put them on too.

What next? Carbon wrapping the wing mirrors?, Lower front splitter? or new headunit?

Unsure at the mo, but am enjoying the predicament.

All I can say is that patience is the key to heating and unsticking the lip. I found that a small wallpaper scraper worked well, rather than a flat bladed screwdriver. Your pics above sure served as a reminder and a valuable lesson in taking time and being extra careful.

I am really pleased with the result, with it being my 1st attempt at carbon wrapping and all.

What next? Carbon wrapping the wing mirrors?, Lower front splitter? or new headunit?

Excellent job done mate you have alot more patience or a hotter hair dryer than i do, perhaps both lol

But the results against the red body look excellent,

If i was you id go for the front splitter from TrippleRcomposites and perhaps some 3M Carbon wrap for the wing mirrors.

Then some fog light Drl's in the new year.

Stereo upgrade in spring/summer

Here is a picture of mine fitted with a colour coded lip:

IMG_20121118_195201.jpg

Before

After

post-37357-0-34960700-1353851715_thumb.j post-37357-0-91861800-1353851740_thumb.j post-37357-0-07001000-1353851777_thumb.j

Looks awesome mate, I'm about to do mine now.

Cheers Lenny!

I like your ideas! Must say am very impressed with the quality of the front splitter from TripleRComposites so is definitely on my radar. The DLR's look good too , not sure i'm upto it at the mo, but worth consideration. I think carbon wrapping the wing mirrors may tie in the carbon lip a little more - and is both cheap and straight forward. I may even have enough from the roll i bought to do the lip!

A distant thought is also some alloys - but thinking of going for something a little different maybe - something like these Borbet LV5's

http://www.rimstyle....t_lv5_gm;dia=17

Think these will set car off nicely. Just a dream at the moment though!

Rh1no -Be sure to stick up some pics of yours when you can - hope it goes well.

Before

After

Definitely looks much better mate, you've really done a great job of the wrapping n the front end instantly looks more aggressive.

As for wrapping inside, click the link in my signature to my own thread and on the first page you'll find some inspiration where I carbon wrapped my head unit surround etc.

As for having silver buttons n standing out, it shouldn't actually look that bad really. I suppose I got away with it more having the dark grey buttons. If you was that bothered by silver buttons, you could wrap them also, but cut out neat little squares out the wrap where the LED and picture are.

• 3 months later...

Does the 'S' on the front grill is smaller that the one on the boot ? and did you just stick it or you did something else ?

Thank you.