• Super Mod
  • 15,207 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:03 PM

Its all plug and play.
No modification of the wiring needed at all.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#47 gforce

gforce

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts
  • Name: Gary
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST
  • Year: Non

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:32 PM

Clive, I'm pretty sure both of those linked by Aldoo will fit. Can anyone else confirm/deny? The only time I ever had any issues with clearance between lining and roof was when I trial fitted a sensor/maplight version to the rear (on both Focus and Mondeo).

Aldoo, I know what you're saying about the expected greater light output from the non-border ones, but I think any difference is negligible really, as there's only a few mm difference in bulb size, so with a nice bright LED in there you'll have more than enough light.

The only reason I vouch for the ones with the border is personal preference really...I think they're just that bit nicer and more modern looking, and the maplights are standard 501 as well rather than BA9, so no issues with reverse polarity etc. Again, this is probably an issue easily overcome, but as I said it's just my personal preference really.

Heidifrst, you'll not need any extra wiring or plugs for the maplights to be functional, they'll work fine off the standard wiring. It's just the intrusion sensors that require an extra plug and wiring, but if you don't have them already you'll not really miss them!

#48 Aldoo

Aldoo

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Name: Tom
  • Ford Model: 1.8 TDCI Focus Sport
  • Year: 2006

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:48 PM

I thought the focus/mondeo/cmax all look the same so i looked further. D
On ebay some people are selling just the mondeo light surround, and if you find a good picture it looks the same fitting as the focus
As for depth i think you maybe right about the roof gap, but i found a light cheap enough so i thought i might as well give it a go. The issue could possibly be fixed removing the alarm part.

Should be here soon, ill report back ;)

Cheers

#49 Cragrat

Cragrat

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Name: David
  • Ford Model: Focus
  • Year: 2009

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:50 PM

Hi, My 59 plate 1.6 Zetec didn't have any of the wiring in for the rear interior light, footwell lights or vanity lights. I got the lights along with the wiring from scrappy and spliced it all in. Works well.

As for the overhead glasses holder, the Mondeo Mk3 one does fit, same colour too. I had to cut the legs off the Focus light surround and bond them onto the Mondeo one so that the whole thing could be screwed back in (the Mondeo one just clips in and I thought it was a bit insecure) the screw holes needed to be elongated to get them to alighn with the fastening in the roof. it is big enough for my glasses case. Just take care marking out and cutting. Remember measure twice, cut once.

Dave

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: courtesy light, boot light, glove box light, LED, ford focus mk2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users