Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide To Removing/installing Sony Stereo - Mk3 Focus 2011>

iNath

After this (successful!) upgrade yesterday I thought I'd share some helpful photos if anyone wanted to attempted the same :)

Here's what you'll need:

dscf2558e.jpg

Step 1: underneath the stereo in the center is a small plastic piece of trim, you need to remove this to expose the screws underneath:

dscf2567jw.jpg

dscf2569l.jpg

Step 2: remove the 2 screws:

dscf25662.jpg

Step 3: Pull the whole unit towards you taking care then all clips are released. Try to pull out vertically as not to bend or snap anything. You'll need to unplug a cable that goes in the back of the controls so don't pull it out too far.

Step 4: The screen is held in by the 4 screws highlighted in green, the stereo by the 2 in yellow. Remove these and pull outwards:

dscf25722.jpg

Step 5: Remove the plugs from the screen and CD player, then refit in reverse!:

dscf2573t.jpg

Here's the screen in:

dscf2581c.jpg

And the finished article, before and after:

dscf2562o.jpgdscf2585d.jpg

dscf2586j.jpgdscf2587o.jpg

Also here's a comparison of the old (blue) and new (colour) screen side-by-side:

dscf2575x.jpg

dscf2578n.jpg

I notice the colour screen has an extra input (top middle) - not certain but assuming this might be for reversing camera?

• Like 2

Unfortuantely the reverse camera requires not only a harness but a little black box to decode the video , so i'm led to believe , but when i took mine out i only took the stereo out and not the screen so i will take it out and have a look at the back of the screen and try an AV source on it see what happens.

i have seen guides saying to use pliers on the insert to pull out , DO NOT USE PLIERS , a small flat screw driver flips it out easy.

good guide iNath

I have added this to the guide section of the club as well mate.. cheers for sharing!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, looks good,

where did you source the Sony unit?

any problems if you only have the low level (blue) screen in the instrument cluster? or with voice control etc???

Hi, looks good,

where did you source the Sony unit?

any problems if you only have the low level (blue) screen in the instrument cluster? or with voice control etc???

Should be a straight swap and voice should be fine

Hi guys, i've just swapped my metal for a 1.6 econetic, with satnav I have both colour screens and interested in the reversing camera, any sucess with the av input on the main screen.

Hi guys, i've just swapped my metal for a 1.6 econetic, with satnav I have both colour screens and interested in the reversing camera, any sucess with the av input on the main screen.

The is a wiring harness required with a signal converter box also required, and i'm not sure if there is also another box required in the boot

Checked my friends focus earlier he has a power outlet in the boot, im guessing this can be retro fitted easily i hope.

Thanks, the addition of extra boxes would seem an expensive addition. :mellow:

May give this a miss, any other additions I could add, looked earlier seems foot-well lighting is a no?

I think I can change interior lights to maps lights found some on eBay earlier.

Thanks lovely the econetic, and economical driving :)

Thanks, the addition of extra boxes would seem an expensive addition. :mellow:

May give this a miss, any other additions I could add, looked earlier seems foot-well lighting is a no?

I think I can change interior lights to maps lights found some on ebay earlier.

Thanks lovely the econetic, and economical driving :)

You can fit footwell lights by using a wire feed from you center interior light , you don't have to try and use the OEM wiring.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

anyone know where you can actually get either the sony DAB or a ford SatNav unit?

Ford dealer (£600+) or try your luck with breakers yards.

Nath with your experience with IDS, have you done any mods to MK3 focus.

I have the FORD NAV system with dual colour screens, I am thinking of adding OEM parking sensors,

however a map displays on centre console, I am guessing it will have to be activated in the software.

Any advice please?

Would be nice for a reversing camera toooo, I'm thinking this will be too costly.

I'm currently experimenting with automatic lights/wipers on a MK3 Zetec-S, any findings will be published on here ;)

Other investigations will be powerfold mirrors, ambient lighting, cruise control, and any other parts I can get my hands on + a willing volunteer with donor car!

I'm currently experimenting with automatic lights/wipers on a MK3 Zetec-S, any findings will be published on here ;)

Other investigations will be powerfold mirrors, ambient lighting, cruise control, and any other parts I can get my hands on + a willing volunteer with donor car!

Nath we've already decided to add all that to the list of attempts on the ZS ;)

Nathan i will be a donor ie guinei pig

As you know i would like cruise control activated etc

Jamie

• 3 months later...

Thinking of buying one of these units to go in my Zetec S when it arrives, if I can pick one up from a breakers do you need to get a code to go with it?

It's ok I've just found a reply in another thread that says they are plug and play!

It's ok I've just found a reply in another thread that says they are plug and play!

Correct ;)

Correct ;)

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the guide, did mine yesterday. :)

• 1 month later...

Hi all, just bought a Sony DAB to replace my standard ford unit in my 2012 (61) focus Zetec S, i followed this topic and fitted it easily, although when testing the sony unit out i found that i'd lost all my bluetooth/usb compatability. After a bit of trail and error i found that when i replaced the lcd screen which came with the sony back to the standard blue dot matrix screen i retrieved all my bluetooth/usb setting. Any ideas on this? Id much rather have the nice lcd screen in with my sony head unit than the standard blue one but not having the BT & USB/AUX working with the lcd will surely p**s me off after a while.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!