#16 mickflan

mickflan

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Name: Michael
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Mk 1 1.6 16v and 2.0 16v
  • Year: 2000

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:05 AM

Well it looks like i need to try and purchase some xenon headlights anyone now how hard it is to fit washers i have to 2.0 so its not to different from a st170 i presume i have the self levelling i have the button that moves the lights up and down gonna be an interesting project now this lol

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,228 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:24 AM

Self levelling is not the button that moves them self levelling have sensors on The front or rear axle that automatically adjusts the head lights in relation to the angle etc of the car

#18 mickflan

mickflan

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:13 PM

Artscot,
Thanks for that i shall search around see what i can find will the bumper off a st170 fit my car it is the facelift model and had the auto climate control same as the st.
they have the washers in them so its a starting point.
Could be easier to put em on the bay and just get some angel eyes lol.

#19 mickflan

mickflan

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

Well,
After much digging around i think i am going to do it the legal way but its gonna take a while because it isnt cheap lol.
I have sorced a headlight levelling kit from a st170 which i think should fit onto mine is there any pics or write ups on how it is done.
Thanks .... Mick

#20 Chester

Chester

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Name: Chester
  • Ford Model: StreetKa
  • Year: 2004

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

This is a subject that does the rounds on just about every motoring site I visit. It is a very much unclear as to what is legal and what is not. However, the legislative proposal that I have read suggests that the colour temperature of the headlight should match that of standard equipment when the car was new. That would stop any modification (even bulbs!) in a heart beat. I simply can't see this as enforceable, but there you go.

What I will say is that dazzling headlights, or a beam that doesn't meet the correct pattern or has 'scatter' is most definitely illegal (HID or not). Besides that, they are distrating for other motorists and downright dangerous. I've noticed a massive increase in aftermarket kits fitted to vehicles recently, and I actually welcome any enforceable legislation to stop this as most of the time the owners just don't give a damn about what adverse effect their car is having on other motorists.

Unfortunately in some ways, that might hit the projector headlight proper conversions some more savvy motorists are performing, and on the whole these are very good. Sadly that's the way of these things.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users