Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Powertrain Malfunction

Polham

I have an 06 diesel focus, 1.6 tdci.

Recently the Powertrain warming light has appeared but has not affected performance until today when it went into limp home mode and lost power.

Any ideas of the possible problem?

Also tried to use the dash to get the fault code up but once it said no DTC's and the next time there was no codes, is this normal for a problem like this?

Thanks

It won't always show on the dash computer, the only thing to do is get it put on a diagnosis machine at a garage, or if anyone you know has a hand held one, you could try that first. But a garages equipment will have more info on.

Cheers, was thinking of buying one of those machines of eBay, any experience with them and do they work?

I have one, cost £80 and it picks up basic stuff, but my dads laptop (work) picks up WAY more info off it. Tried 3 hand held types when I had an engine management light on, and not 1 of them would show any faults, put it on the laptop and I was up and running again knowing what needed to be replaced. Get what you pay for I guess.

What software and leads do you need for the laptop?

Its not a case of software and leads, and just putting them onto a laptop, I was meaning that the garage equipment (which would have cost thousands) will always be more able to find faults than most handheld budget readers. My dads an RAC patrol, and they spend alot of money to have the latest software on their systems,, its not something most people could resonably afford. Taking it one step futher, going to FORD directly, they will have the most comprehensive system, and will pick up things that garages will miss. Top and bottom of it, cheap ones will pick up some stuff, failing that its a garage or breakdown rescue service, if their stuff cant find it,,,,,, its off to have your pants pulled down at FORDS.

I have an 06 diesel focus, 1.6 tdci.

Recently the Powertrain warming light has appeared but has not affected performance until today when it went into limp home mode and lost power.

Any ideas of the possible problem?

Also tried to use the dash to get the fault code up but once it said no DTC's and the next time there was no codes, is this normal for a problem like this?

Thanks

Had the same problem, firstly the DPF Fluid was topped up and an attempted regeneration was performed without success.

A new DPT was required at a cost of £1600.00 fitted. Told Ford to get stuffed and my local garage fitted an after market unit for less than half and all is well

i had the eml light appear on mine, traced the code back with the torque app and came up powertrain malfunction...... but mine turned out to be a alternation and earthing problem..... just goes to show how wide the codes/meanings go...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club