#16 Mustaine8661

Mustaine8661

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk7 Fiesta Zetec TDCI
  • Year: 2010

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

Hmmm...

Just spoke to the dealer, and after telling me that the warranty and GAP insurance would carry over, they have now decided the the GAP is non transferable.

They said that the old policy will be cancelled and partially refunded, and a new policy will be needed.

Something doesn't sound right with this, especially sudden change in tune. The T&C's for the original policy say no refunds so I'm inclined to call BS.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 Sliveredge

Sliveredge

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Name: Peter
  • Ford Model: mk7.5 fiesta 1.0 125 titanium x
  • Year: 2013

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:37 PM

I had this issue with Gap a few years ago. was told it was transferable when the car was brought when it come to transfer the car to me after returning from uni was told it can be and money was wasted. :rolleyes: they gave us a refund of part of the amount tho as good will

#18 dah

dah

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Name: dave
  • Ford Model: mk 7 Fiesta Titainum 1.6 TDCI
  • Year: 2011

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:54 PM

Hi £20 a year TAX plus if you get out a bend and give it some boot a1.6 tdci will leave a 1.4 petrol in it's dust.

#19 Mustaine8661

Mustaine8661

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk7 Fiesta Zetec TDCI
  • Year: 2010

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

Update for you all!

So far, the experience has been mixed. The car is much smoother going from 40-70. In anything it accelerates a little too easily :)

Everything feels much calmer than the petrol, and its a lovely quite drive at 70 on the motorway.

My biggest gripe is with the dealer rather than the car!

Now they say that the best lessons in life are leant through your own mistakes, but I would advise anyone else buying a car for the first (or second!) time to head these words.

Regardless of whether you're buying from a named franchise dealer or not - if it's not in writing, it didn't happen!

The dealer (Hills Ford, Kidderminster) told me that the customer that part ex'ed it forgot to bring the service book in, and that he would post it to me by the end of the week. Now he also said it had been serviced about 3 weeks ago and has been serviced to schedule. However when I got home and checked fluid levels, the oil is half full and jet black, and the other fluid levels are below half full.

Does that fit a recent service?!

Also, the car has done 65k miles in 30 months. This was kept very well hidden( to the point that rather than let me drive the car to the petrol station for a full tank, he took it himself. I know it's my fault at the end of the day as I did'nt ask.

Now I trusted the dealer as I bought my first car from the same place and they were brilliant, but I feel a bit like I've been shat on...

Rant over! Thanks for listening

#20 DanGersFord

DanGersFord

Dan The Gas Man

• FOC Supporters
  • 3,498 posts
  • Name: Daniel
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST3
  • Year: 2014
Contributor

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:00 PM

Diesels tend to be better MPG on the motor way than driving about town. They come into their own in that department when theyre doing 60mph+

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users