Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:35 PM
Ok Wayne, hope this helps
1. Firstly depressurise the fuel system and equalise the tank pressure by removing the fuel filler cap.
2. syphon or hand pump the fuel from the tank - this is your only option if you so wish as your fuel pump doesnt work.
3. ensure ignition is switched off
4. fold forwards the rear seat base and remove the grommet to access the pump (you already know this though)
5. disconnect the wiring and fuel lines from the pump. mark the fuel lines if necessary for reconnection
6. chock the front wheels and jack up the rear of the car and support on axles stands
7. remove the fuel filter
8. lower the exhaust system in such a way you dont strain the flexi section or remove it completely.
9. remove the rear exhaust heatshield
10. if fitted with self levelling headlights you will need to remove the sensor
11. unbolt the rear suspension anti roll bar links. lower the bar down as far as possible or remove it completely
12. support the tank with a jack and block of wood
13. unscrew the bolt at the front of each retaining strap and rotate the straps at the other end to release (twist them through 90 degrees)
14. lower the tank enough to disconnect the charcoal canisters vapour hose from the top rear of the tank. release the locking lugs and disconnect the fuel filler pipe neck from the tank
15. remove the tank from the car, releasing it from the filler neck stub
16. if require the fuel filler neck can be removed. it is secured with a single screw in the filler opening and by two bolts to the underbody